Just found out that I am pregnant....

Spredn311luv

And my fiance and I are very happy. But there is one problem, I don't have health insurance so I don't have maternity insurance. Does anyone know what I can do? or where i can go to get maternity insurance now that I'm already pregnant. And if it is affordable? or if you don't have insurance, what do you do? Thank you.

Angie

The US government has very lenient Medicaid requirments for pregnant women. Pre Natal care is paramount, and for once the government gets it.

Try your local DHS office, if you still don't qualify, then maybe they DO know of some local insurance carriers that will cover already pregnant women...

Thanks everyone for the info!...I was under my parents insurance up until my 22nd birthday...so i've been hunting around for insurance for 3 months...but most that i have talk to, to add maternity (even from my work!) is almost $100 or more plus the regular cost of insurance...so its expensive...but I'm going to go the medicaid route...i just need to fax in my information...thanks for all the help!

Im so excited! lol...thanks again everybody!

Angie

• 2 weeks later...