I guess the hardest thing for me to get past is my soon to be X is with the OM and my 9 year old daughter in tow as I write this.

The've gone to Disneyland, Mass. to see her folks, other great places while I sit home trying to save money for the impending divorce.

Feel like a ghost. Feel like I died and she remarried and I'm watching this like a hopeless spirit.

This is haunting. Chistmas carols in the mall, cold weather, short days, I mean she not only broke my heart, she picked the worst time of the year to do it.

Sorry folks, just cyber-crying.

Yeah your situation is definetly real tough. I have gone through a similiar thing the last 4 months. While the ex was out with the OM for almost 2 months not working and living her fantasy life I was here struggling to go to work everyday.

I definetly can relate to that feeling of being a ghost and I certainly wouldnt want to be living in a cold weather state either...that can make it seem even worse.

Definetly know that one day the worm will turn and that your ex will have to face reality again also and the day to day daily grind in some way shape or form. You will be a different better person ...she will be the same. Lucky her (not)

Posting in here and reading others peoples stories has definetly helped me. Thats one bit of advice I can give you.

Hey Nomad,

I'm from Arizona too. Anything below 80 is cold to me right now. Must be standing to close to that sub-freezing heart of my soon to be.

Well brother, I lost the beer belly and actually toning up. Went on no contact last week and I will stick to it. No choice, it's that or the rejection highway.

Had to get over the shock, now it's just a dull pain.

Someday I know I will shake this crap I'm just beat up right now.

Boy, when they snap they just completely change identity. This is the same woman that looked in my wallet all the time to see if she could find a stray phone number.

Yeah I agree about the whole changing identity thing. Or maybe it was lurking there beneath the surface the whole time.

My ex claimed I was suspicious or untrusting but she was talking to the other guy for 6+ months behind my back with a cell phone I didnt even know about.

Guess you would call that gut instinct on my part when I thought something might be wrong not suspicion.

I moved here from Michigan last year so anything above 50 is still pretty toasty for me 8)

Hi William,

I know how you feel. My wife has gone on to be with someone else, just picked up and left.. a lot of her stuff is still in 'our' place and I was ultimately the one to move out first while she was off with her new interest.

Being there was almost unbearable... I felt like a ghost too, and living in a haunted house.. filled with memories I wanted to hold on to and she was so readily abandoning. None of it made any sense to me.

Just moved in this weekend to a new place and although the memories aren't as strong anymore, the sense of 'aloneness' is very present and overwhelming.

I think once you get out of that place and in to somewhere new you'll be able to move on with your life a lot easier - that's what I'm hoping for myself anyways