Well, i can't stop thinking of what happened, so i thought id post it here, as i would appreciate a bit of guidance or opinions. I'm confused and hurt.

So, i had this boyfriend for over 2 years, but he broke up with me last august (like not this year, last year), he said it was because he just didn't feel nething for me nemore. So i went about geting over him, but we decided to remain friends. I stop contacting him for a while and when i thought i was ready, i started talkin to him again.

I had a few boyfriends between now and then (have one now), but i sometimes compare them to him, and really they aren't quite as good in one or another way. I think deep down inside i still love him, however more then a year later i should be over him by now.

We did get back toghter in june but for only a week. Back then he told me he didn't want a girlfriend and that i was perfect and the only girl for him, but he just doesn't want any of that, but if he did, he'd want me.

So i got over it and started being friends with him.

Although i wished that one day he would change his mind about all of that.

However recently (like in the past two months) he's been a bit .. over the top. Like wanting to see me one day for lunch when i was at uni, so he came all the way to uni (about an hr or more on public transport) to see me! We go out almost once a week, and if we don't he says me misses me and wants to see me. It felt like he wanted me back, and i was happy, because inside that's what i really want.

But then a few days ago he tells me he has a girlfriend which he's been seeing for about two months and he's completely in love! Well good for him but why didn't he tell me? Why would he act like that? Why would he said that stuff about not wanting a girlfriend? He told me he could never see himself having kids, but now he's saying "when me and my girlfriend have kids"!! I feel so lied to! Also it feels like he was stringing me along a bit. And why (he said he considers us best friends) wouldn't he tell me something like that if we were soooo close? He had a girlfriend earlier this year which he told me about when it happened, why not this one?

He said he didn't tell me as he didn't want to get off topic when i was telling him about my boyfriend. But we have seen each other so many times since they started going out, he's had a million chances to tell me.

I'm really hurt about it, and also it's annoying as i find it's stopping me from finding someone else as i don't really like anyone else i meet much as they just aren't quite like him.

It's funny also as, my feelings of wanting him back disappeared for a while, i felt i was really over him, as i was thinking about him wanting me back and thought even if he did i wouldn't go back with him, but now i feel like i do. Maybe its more the hurt from being lied to which is annoying?

So, I decided to cut him out of my life. But i don't really want to. I enjoy his friendship, i can't really see my life without him in it, but it's just hurting me. I wish i could just get over him!

Sorry about this being long ...

It's shady that he didn't tell you considering you are supposed to be a friend. Honestly, I would try to spend time with my other friends and not him. He seems way too wishy washy and if he has another girlfriend he's not into you. Cut your losses and start looking elsewhere.

I know it's tempting to compare other guys to him, but look at it this way. They might not be like him in one way or another, but they all have one important quality that your ex didn't have. They are with you. He's not. Stop comparing!