I cannot heal when he keeps sending texts!

I've been doing NC for over a month now, but my ex fiance keeps sending me text messages every week. Sometimes he would ask for things back - things that he's never touched in 2 years. Then last week he sent me a text because he got 2 driving tickets due to expired car registration and vehicle inspection. I tried to ignore him but then he sent another text asking why all these bad luck keep happening to him.

He's had problems after problems since he left me. At first I felt vindicated because he left me but it's really not ok to celebrate from one's misfortunes. He doesnt make much and now that he left, he has to face paying rent, utilities, food, on top of his car payments. Yes I admit I feel bad for what he's going through however it was his decision to leave and he should have planned better.

Bottom line I helped him but only for the car registration renewal. I had to pay $29 online and fax the receipt to his office so he wont get pulled over again that night. He sent a meaningful thank you text but I didnt respond anymore.

We agreed to remain friends, but I havent been initiating contact since he confirmed it was over between us 2 months ago (YES NC!!). The thing is, it's really hard for me to heal when he keeps sending me texts of his problems or for just about anything. The thing I hate about text messages is that you can read them however you want and may receive the wrong impression as hearing someone actually say it. Should I change my mobile number? I really dont want to go through the hassle. I've come to a point where I expect his text messages to arrive and when it doesnt, I start missing him. What should I do?

we have different but similar situations, and once i changed my number, my ex has no way of contacting me via phone or text message. whats hard is that you have the power in your hands, and its very hard. but if you want to stop him contacting you because its painful, change your number

The thing is, my ex has my home number and direct line at work. I can't change those but then he cant send text messages to those either.

excellent.

screen the calls on those lines and it wud just be fine

take care..and try to keep yourself busy with something else from now on.

I think you need to actually tell them to stop before you change your number. That's like trying to get a restraining order, without actually letting them know you no longer want them to contact you.

I will actually try that Left. I've never told him not to contact me so I guess he still thinks his messages are welcome. Thanks!