I WILL BE STRONG.

No longer will i weaken and give in to his demands. I will stand strong, none does it matter how badly i want. I need to be strong for my self esteem, pride.

If he goes.. I will hurt, my heart will twist with pain... I will lose the one true love i've ever had....

It will be lonely and hard...

BUT! At least i'll smile and know that i didn't stand down like i always did and bow my head..... WATCH myself be manipulated, walked all over once AGAIN, because they THINK they can!

ahhh that felt great....

I WILL BE STRONG.

No longer will i weaken and give in to his demands. I will stand strong, none does it matter how badly i want. I need to be strong for my self esteem, pride.

If he goes.. I will hurt, my heart will twist with pain... I will lose the one true love i've ever had....

It will be lonely and hard...

BUT! At least i'll smile and know that i didn't stand down like i always did and bow my head..... WATCH myself be manipulated, walked all over once AGAIN, because they THINK they can!

ahhh that felt great....

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Make a mental commitment that your not going to give in to him no more and stand strong to that commitment. Remember that you lived your life happily before you fell in love with him and you can be happy again on your own. Trust me there is life after total heartache.

Be stubborn and stick to your guns no matter how much you want to cave in. You CAN DO THIS!!!

The steps we take out of strength are the most productive ones. Here's a song by Jessica Simpson. I'm in love with it. It's a hard truth to deal with but I like hard truth now.

"I Belong To Me"

I belong to me...

It's not that I don't wanna share my life with you baby

It's just that I'm the one I need to be true to baby

And I won't give up me to be part of you

It's not that I don't wanna have you in my life baby

It's just you gotta know that it's got to be right baby

Before I open up my heart to you

I don't need somebody to complete me

I complete myself

Nobody's got to belong to somebody else

I belong to me

I don't belong to you

My heart is my possession

I'll be my own reflection

I belong to me

I'm one not half of two

And if you're gonna love me

You should know this baby

I belong to me

I gotta let you know before I let you in, baby

That who I am is not about who I am with, baby

That don't mean I don't wanna be here with you

I do

I don't need somebody to complete me

I want you to know

I'll give up my love but I'm not giving up my soul

I belong to me

I don't belong to you

I belong to me

I'm one not half of two

And if you're gonna love me

I belong to me

Oh yea

Love don't mean changing who you are to be

Who somebody wants you to be

Nobody's got to belong to nobody

I belong to me

I don't belong to you

I belong to me

I don't belong to you

I belong to me

I'm one not half of two

And if you gonna love me

I belong to me

Wow...Go Sherri!

You should feel Proud. You are amazing.

Stay strong...good comes of every struggle.

No thats where you are wrong, (lol well maybe your not "wrong" about that) but it's all you people that are amazing. If it weren't for all of you i'd still be stuck in the same pothole i fell in. I received alot of support here, and my eyes were opened by other peoples experiences and advice. Especially one special gal that i've been PMing on a different board. Any time i feel that need to call him, or bow down, give in to what he wants (which is what destroyed the rel. in the first place) i just PM her. Or post on here. It helps a great deal! I love it

Thanks.....

No thats where you are wrong, (lol well maybe your not "wrong" about that) but it's all you people that are amazing. If it weren't for all of you i'd still be stuck in the same pothole i fell in. I received alot of support here, and my eyes were opened by other peoples experiences and advice. Especially one special gal that i've been PMing on a different board. Any time i feel that need to call him, or bow down, give in to what he wants (which is what destroyed the rel. in the first place) i just PM her. Or post on here. It helps a great deal! I love it

Thanks.....

That's great you've found support & a friend

I'm glad it's making a difference in your life & you're feeling better...hugs & love

I am going to print off your post and keep it above the bed, along with the UDB sign (You Deserve Better) and the Desiderata poem. It's a mantra I need to keep going over and ove rin my head...I will be strong and I won't bow down again!

I love it, thanks for sharing and giving this to me

Best wishes

If he gos what will change

The sun will rise, the rain will fall, the city will buzz with 1000s feet on there way to work, cars will move, babys cry, books will be printed, frends will call, bead will bake, steam will rise. The world will carry on, unseen his passing from your life it will all be there the next day, the love you will marry will will get up, drink coffe and read the news on the day he gos.

The doctor who will help you bearth your 1st child will walk down there words saying kind words mothers new. All on the day of his passing, the church where you and your true love will marry is being cleaned and new flowers for theows to be wed that day are bing hug all on the day of his passing.

Your body will breath, your arms move, you eyes focus all of the day of his passing.

When he gos all they will know is two minds held by pain and freed by futuer love all on the day of his passing.

The day of his passing is just that one more day, after that day teh world will carry on as you will carry on to a better day when the new he comes into your life.

Spugly

i miss him so much today - weekends are the worst i have tried all the tricks of the trade rememebering how horrible his mum was to me why he went away or will go without really putting me in the loop how he still before we broke talked of us as a married couple and it was only till i mentioned it did he say actually he wasnt ready - well nor was i perhaps i thought i was a bit but he was wrong from me and i have to move on - i hate going out on the weekend without him i miss him so much he emailed me to tell me he does to but it means nothing he forgot me and had done since he moved back with him mum he never wanted marriage he lied or did he and then he got scared - i keep thinking maybe i am ugly that is why i had to break it off maybe i aint earning enough maybe maybe all the negative things about me but then that isnt it he just wasnt ready - he would have carried on going with me till he left but i took the stance and made him say what he never wanted to - i think maybe he never loved me but he did 4 years okay not always happy but good really in hindsight - help me i feel awful !

I am going to print off your post and keep it above the bed, along with the UDB sign (You Deserve Better) and the Desiderata poem. It's a mantra I need to keep going over and ove rin my head...I will be strong and I won't bow down again!

I love it, thanks for sharing and giving this to me

Best wishes

Awww Thanks Kim! I really feel honored.

Today is pretty hard. But a good friend told me to look at all my old posts. I have done this, and i don't feel as bad anymore. Well i feel bad, but i'm not missing him as much. I can't believe i took sooooooo much crap all those years, let him manipulate and lie to me..... Its like i blocked out all the little details. Reading those posts put me back in the state of mind i was in when i started this thread.

Good for you Sherri

your post is an inspiration for me today.

I just broke up with my now-ex today who was neglecting me.

I will stay strong too. I remembered I had a life before him and I was happy and I will be happier.

of course, my heart hurts too.

Aww, i'm sorry to hear that, yes it's soooo hard. But in time everything will heal. There is always a silver lining even where there's no sunshine, even when the clouds are black and mountainous.....

We'll feel better, you'll see.