Dating again

a day or 2 ago i posted a thread askng how to tell this guy i don't wanna date him anymore. now i'm wondering where i should do it. i dont wanna do it at my place and i can't go to his cuz his parents live with him. i was thinking maybe having him meet me at a bar and i can tell him over a drink. i don't know wat do u guys think?

I would tell him somewhere where it won't embarrass him and where you know he can get home safely.

In my opinion, his house would be the best place. Why can't you do it even if he lives with his parents?

I mean, it wouldn't really be fair to make him drive out to a bar just so you can break up with him..

I've heard people say that a public (but still private) place is a good spot to end a relationship.. I can't disagree more! I would be horrified if anyone ever did this to me and totally embarrassed.

I agree that the best place to end things would be at their own house. That way you can leave and they have someplace to stay without crying in front of strangers or being too upset to drive safely.

He lives with his parents. That's his home. If you don't want them to be there I'm sure there is a time you could do it when there were out. Or maybe you could sit outside or something... ?

Hah..not at a bar. I mean he might be upset and then he'll just start drinking right away since the beer's just RIGHT THERE and then he'll get in his car at the end of the night all boozed up with impaired vision and judgement from drinking and sadness and get in a horrible accident.

...Well, maybe not all that, but it could happen!

I think you should do it in private or atleast not somewhere with alcohol around. Maybe a quiet coffee shop so it can be a quick meeting

(dinner would be a bad idea, because then you'd end up staying there for the food- like in Legally Blonde where he breaks up with her at a nice dinner- sorry, random and it's more private and less upsetting then being surrounded by tons of happy people like in a loud restaraunt or something.

Awareness is action. You only do what you truly believe, you only believe what you truly do. If you are aware of the fact that you don't want to date that particular person then time nor place is not essential. Your the boss over your own body and mind. Assertiveness is needed in your position. The purpose of affirmation is to establish in consciousness a broad understanding of the divine principles on which all life and existence depend. your life is essential to all life and not less then other life. If you made a desision act apon it.

i actually would prefer to do it at his place, that way i can leave rite away. but since his parents live there to, in my culture the older generation feel it is inappropriate for a girl to go to a guys place or vice versa. i mean i don't care, but if i went over there, my mom will probably hear about it the next day, then i'll end up hearing an earful from her. so, yeah, maybe quiet coffee shop would be good. hmm...man i hate having to do this kinda stuff...

A coffee shop is much, much better than a bar or restaurant. If you go to a bar, he'll most likely order a post-breakup drink, then drive home. No good. If you go to a restaurant, you'll be obligated to eat an entire meal... before or after the breakup, that'd be extremely uncomfortable. At a coffee shop, you order your coffee, sit down with him, dump him, and leave. No alcohol, no food.

By the way, I think it's really considerate of you to keep this guy's feelings so close to your heart while you know he's going through a rough time. It shows that you're not a cruel or unthinking person. Good for you!

By the way, I think it's really considerate of you to keep this guy's feelings so close to your heart while you know he's going through a rough time. It shows that you're not a cruel or unthinking person. Good for you!

actually i don't care too much about most of the guys i've dated. when i'm no longer interested, i'll just stop answering the phone when they call...lol...but he's the sweetest guy i've ever dated and the last thing he deserves is to have his feelings hurt. he's the only one who wasnt out to just get into my pants. i feel like an idiot for not feeling anything for him, but i can't help it.