Why is it that guys want such young girls? Please explain this phenomena to me.

If you feel statuatory rape has reached epidemic proportions in your area, perhaps one thing you could do is see what kind of agencies/support groups in your area offer help to rape victims. Maybe they can do some research on this, and something can be done to raise awareness about this sort of thing. Flyers, brochures, public service announcements etc.

BellaDonna

I would love to do such a thing because I feel so strongly about stuff like this. However, the girls don't consider it rape, the guys don't, it's consensual so people just shrug it off and ignore it! How disgusting.

The "girls" or children these predators are victimizing obviously have no close parental supervision either. Many times this is an indication of an absent father...OR perhaps sexual abuse happening in the home. Often times girls who engage in sex at such young ages have never been taught boundaries or what is not acceptable. Thus her being promiscuous. I truly feel bad for these girls because it usually leads to early pregnancy, prostitution drugs..etc...and it's really not their fault. they just don;t know any other way.

My sister started engaging in sexual intercourse with older guys (in their 20's) at a very young age, when she was around 14. And my father was very absent- but so was my mother. She was there so to speak, but has only cared about one thing, which is herself and whatever man she was currently attached to. And at 16, my sister got pregnant by a 25 year old and miscarried. Last year at 17, had a baby by the same guy, now 26. (I don't condone it.) So I think your theory is correct.

I fully agree with BellaDonna.

Of course, here we have the same thing happen. Especially during the spring break months, where there's an influx of guys who can leave in two weeks, and go back up to wherever it is they came from without really worrying about anyone calling the cops, since they're not from here and no one really knows what to do about them. Alot of these grrrls' parents wouldn't know where their kid was if their lives depended on it. I know alot of kids who never go home, or only go home to get a change of clothes and some money. It's a sad state of affairs.

I agree that grown men who are attracted to young girls are usually immature and can't deal with a real woman. On the other hand, I still think it's wrong for an underage girl to sleep with a boy who is also underage and can have her heart broken just as easily. In England, it is legal for someone of 16 to have sex (it doesn't vary by state as in the US) but older blokes are ciriticised for having sex with 16 year old girls, even though it's legal.

From personal experience, I'd say that age-gap relationships are OK, provided that the younger partner is at least 18 and preferably a bit older. The only red flag is that the older partner may be more impatient to get married and have children, while the younger partner may want to wait. I dated 2 19 year olds (not at the same time) while in my early 30s and have never had sex with anyone who was under thae age of 19 at the time.

Old enough to set the table...Old enough to eat!

Old enough to go to the store...Old enough to get bread (bred)

If there's "grass on the playing field"...

Exactly what part of the "South" do you live in? You may not realize it, but this post about adult men running around after teenage and adolescent girls is perpetrating and validating an existing "redneck" stereotype...I love it! LMAO

Did you hear the one about the Arkansas father who forbid his son to marry his girlfriend when he found out she was a virgin? The father simply told his son that if the girl wasn't good enough for her own family, then she wasn't good enough for theirs! LMAO

No, I don't 'realize' it- too busy "muddin'" on mah four-wheeyler and skinnin' hogs. Later I plan to mate with mah first cousins ya hear?

These people I speak of aren't your typical 'redneck'- a lot of the guys I know of doing such things are just normal guys. Southern, yes. Redneck, no. I live in eastern North Carolina by the way and yes, in a redneck country. I'm not one of them, I'm originally from NY as I posted.

However, sadly- I don't know anyone from where I used to live doing such things.

just to play the devil's advocate:

... in the course of human history it has been the rule rather than the exception for girls to have sex (mostly in the context of very early marriage) at ages as young as or younger than you mentioned.

the concept of childhood, as we westerners know it, is a relatively new development in the timeline of human history, and still rare in many developing countries. the way that humans evolved includes the onset of menstruation to signal when a female's body is prepared for breeding, and if you look at history, this is around the time when most cultures in the past have married off their daughters to ensure that the father of a child is bound in matrimony and will contribute to the raising of any offspring.

it is an odd twist of fate that while physical maturation of human females is occurring earlier due to better nutrition, mental and emotional maturation is occurring more slowly due to fewer responsibilities imposed on these "children." i know that i menstruated at ten and was as fully physically mature (5'4", 120 lbs., same bra-size) at 13 as i am now at 25. but i was as naive and as silly as any middle-schooler.

so it seems that it would be a natural result of the way that humans, as a species, have evolved for men to be attracted to girls that are in their teen years. from the cave-men until the 1900's, human life expectancy was somewhere between the age of 20 and 37, so a teen-aged girl would have been middle-aged (!) and would have needed to breed early in order to live long enough to raise her children to maturity. this is still the case in many so-called "non-civilized" cultures around the world.

so the question should perhaps not be "why should guys want such young girls?" -- the answer to that is that it has been hard-wired into their biology over millennia.

the question should be why, now that society has evolved enough to give humans a childhood (and to frown upon early sexual activity that may disrupt their future with disease or early pregnancy) and a longer life-span, are some men willing to risk social stigma simply to obey their biological urges?

honestly, they should be more modern than that.

• Like 1

Engagedkitty,

I grew up in a small town and I think this kind of behavior is more evident within a smaller community simply because there are fewer people present and the opportunities to mix socially with people much younger (or much older) are readily available. Does that make any sense?

When I was in high school, there were always a few guys like in their mid 20's and even 30's still hanging around the high school/college party scene locally. Yes, they would hit on the high school girls, and there were always a few girls who really dug that kind of attention (and the stigma that went with it). Guys who were like Matt McConaueghs' character in the movie "Dazed and Confused" - remember his quote what I like about these high school girls - they get older, and I stay the same age!"

Good post, silky!

I wonder if modern man may also have developed an attraction to women with an education or experience in the world as a benefit to him and any kids? If men and women have evolved intellectually, most 13 year olds might have trouble holding an adult's interest.

Just a thought.

in an addendum to my earlier post, and in response to dako:

i thinkmost of us have intellectually evolved, due to the degree of information that most of us are exposed to in educational and societal settings. the amount of knowledge (useful and otherwise) that is available in our contemporary setting is staggering, and i think that any person, male or female, whose focus is on the intellectual would definitely take education and experience into consideration when choosing a partner. i know i do.

but not all people care about that. there are plenty of people out there who don't care that much about that sort of thing. we've all known the girl who dates really immature guys as a habit (or vice versa) or the guy who doesn't care if his chick is a little dumb as long as she is sweet to him and treats him right (same goes the other way, too).

these guys who date much younger girls may have expectations that we see as falling short, but they may only be looking for that physical attraction and the kind of rock-star-crush devotion that is common among youger girls. or, they may be so immature themselves and intellectually or emotionally stunted that they not only date young girls, but behave on a 9th-grade level themselves.

case-in-point: when i was 19, i dated a 30-year-old who acted like a middle schooler. he talked baby-talk, threw tantrums, couldn't spell, rode around on bikes and skateboards, and played video games. he delivered pizza for a living. i finally broke up with him because his maturity level was truly beneath mine, though he was much older than me. if it weren't totally illegal, i could easily see him with someone much younger, because even a 19-year-old thought he was a immature loser.

some people just have arrested development.

• 4 months later...

you know wat you are right!!

i am a guy....im 16 years old and i have seen this stuff myself......my cousin is pregnant of a 26 year old and that is alot of age difference she is 15......

i dont know about something......theres this one girl she is 13.. and she wants to have sex with me.........i hardly know her and she has a nice body and face...........should i you know do it? one half of me think shes too young and the other half says screw dat just do it! i dont know wat to do here....

Hey hey hey. I met my boyfriend when I was 16 and he was 24. (Legal age of consent in England, Scotland and Wales is 16 as Momene pointed out) We both love each other. Age is just a number. There are a lot of sick child-molesters out there, but I am anything but a child.

My point is, my boyfriend is not some evil pervert who wants to molest me and more or less kill my mind.

you know wat you are right!!

i am a guy....im 16 years old and i have seen this stuff myself......my cousin is pregnant of a 26 year old and that is alot of age difference she is 15......

i dont know about something......theres this one girl she is 13.. and she wants to have sex with me.........i hardly know her and she has a nice body and face...........should i you know do it? one half of me think shes too young and the other half says screw dat just do it! i dont know wat to do here....

If you REALLY want to go ahead with it, then for god's sake, use protection. Bear in mind, condoms break quite easily, and if it does happen, make sure she gets a morning-after pill. Also bear in mind that she is 13. If you get caught, you COULD be prosecuted, but many cases don't get to court because the "victim" refuses to give evidence.

I lost my virginity when I was 14 and I don't regret it. I just hope your girlfriend will feel the same in a few year's time if you do do it.

I think it's because most young girls are nieve and trusting. A lot of times I think men want to be the one to take their virginity, that way the girls will become emotionally attached and more willing to do whatever the guy wants her to do in order to keep the "relationship" in tact.

It's easier to manipulate people when they are less knowlegdable.

Just to be another devil's advocate. You may call it a double standard (regarding the 14 year old boy vs the 13 year old girl...) The question is what is the definition of a victim?

The girl - most girls - will grow up to be a woman and feel like she was taken advantage of, she will feel violated and while she knows she concented to it, she will recognise that she was a child, and the grown man should have known better, all this could have a terribly depressing psychological effect on the girl. That's why she's a victim.

Most boys would have a different outlook, and he could grow up to be a man and never care about what happened, it mightn't bother him in the least and he might actually be proud of it... I'm not condoning grown women sleeping with young boys, but your average boy, IMHO, is less of a victim than your average girl.