I have a date tonight

that's the spirit! believe those words you wrote.

whatever you think about this breakup will be your reality; whatever you tell yourself, you will believe. hence the reason most have such low self-esteem after a breakup: they tell themselves they're not good enough for their exes. but if you have a positive attitude, you can't go wrong.

keep it up!

sorry it didn't go as well as you'd hoped...i dated a little about 1 1/2-2 months after the breakup and it didn't feel right. it made me miss my ex more, too. it's very normal...even though i was kind of excited about the dates beforehand, they ultimately didn't go that well and even during the dates i got really sad, missed him, etc.

like you said, as much as you wanted to start dating, you might need some time off. nothing wrong with that.

Only you will know when you are ready. At least you found out your emotional state - I'm sure it was all worth the effort of going out. For me, I really know I won't be ready for a looooooonng time, nor do I want/need it right now. I am focusing on my daughter, house, work, etc. Relationships go way down the bottom of my list. Funny because way back, I was always longing for one, after the other, after the other.

Relationships go way down the bottom of my list. Funny because way back, I was always longing for one, after the other, after the other.

you're really strong to not want to hop into another relationship. even though i am still sad about my ex, i think most of my depression is about not being okay on my own, so i still have this impulse to find another man to make me happy. but i don't want to end up like this after another relationship, so i'm doing my best to get happy on my own.

it's a terrible thing when you realize, after a breakup, that all the times you thought you were happy were really because your relationship had acted as a band-aid for all your troubles.