OK this is an odd one but I will try to put it all down,

I dont sleep much other than my few teen years I have always

been a short sleeper. 6 hours is the norm, Well My wife is a long sleeper

8 to 10 is her norm, so Im up at 1am wile shes in the land of nod at 10pm.

Well shes asked me to come and sleep more as it helps her sleep.

So for the last week I have been hiting the sack at 10pm, but heres where the problems come in, the 1st few night I just lay there until 1am awake.

But I have tryed to make my self sleep the last few nights and now Im getting END OF THE WORLD nightmares.

1st night, Gaint rocks in the sky falling slowly and killing every one

2ed night, a tower block thats a factorty to eating humans, Delicatecant x 1000

3ed night, Last night, Found myself a like Ann Frank hiding in my x GF new house/hotel from her Husdand all the time missing my train in the old USSR (I know dreams there nuts)

So I wake at 5am get up do stuff and my lovly wifes still Zzzzzzing away.

What is going off, I have not had nightmares for years and now 3 in a row

some things amiss here. But try as I might I can not work it out all I get is a deep feeling that dreams are bad.

Dear ENA gang any help,

PS

WIll not take drugs to sleep

I love my wife

Dont drink Cafean befor bed

Dont drink beer befor bed etc

Spugy

Spugly, dreams are intense like that at times, and to be honest, I kind of like "getting scared" in my dreams; only to wake up to my "normal" life afterwards.

Side note here: I'm happy to see that you and your wife are getting along better now, as I remember you were hung up on your ex for awhile.

Congrats on that, man.

Spug,

Hey.

I can relate. I had some serious difficulties with nightmares, many of them 'end of the world' type scenarios.

Are you stressed about something? Just speaking for myself here, those nightmares usually come about for me when my security is feeling rocked in some way.

As weird as this may sound, if you have a videocam, you could try videoing yourself sleeping and watching it later.

I don't know how this works, but it really does for me. I can observe myself objectively in distress and things 'click' and it makes it easier to deal.

Just a thought. Whatever it is, I hope you get some good rest soon. Could be something as simple as you have eaten something strange that is digesting badly.

Spug,

Hey.

I can relate. I had some serious difficulties with nightmares, many of them 'end of the world' type scenarios.

Are you stressed about something? Just speaking for myself here, those nightmares usually come about for me when my security is feeling rocked in some way.

As weird as this may sound, if you have a videocam, you could try videoing yourself sleeping and watching it later.

I don't know how this works, but it really does for me. I can observe myself objectively in distress and things 'click' and it makes it easier to deal.

Just a thought. Whatever it is, I hope you get some good rest soon. Could be something as simple as you have eaten something strange that is digesting badly.

that sounds fun ill try that thanks, as for stress O yes my life is all stress.

Its PhD report time, that could be the root of all this.

oh god, have you ever had a nightmare where you actually felt the pain? i had this one where i had watched some living dead movie and in my dream i was getting on my bus while reading my book and i sit next to my gf. so im readin and halfway through the drive her head falls on my lap so i think she's just sleeping, then she bit the h*** out of my leg so i woke up after nearly pissin myself and go to the bathroom and guess what...

i had a bite on my thigh, a human bitemark on my thigh! that scared the heck out of me. so now i sleep with the fans on me. it gets rid of my nightmares for some reason.

hey spug - yeah, I have those kinds of dreams also, and they are in the times of the worst stress. in fact, many dream guides say that dreaming about being killed or chased means that you have too much stress on your plate....

well.... keep on, eventually you will have this phase of your life done, and then maybe the dreams will stop....

good luck

(and don't eat any strange foods right before bed!)