Worried now that im moving...

I am afraid i can only confirm your worries. Out of eye is out of heart they say, and unfortunately that's true. Problem is you can never check his back to see what he's up to. And neither can he do so for your part, and if other people come into your or his life, and present strong signals of affection, the lack of your signal can make it very likely that another person steps into either your or his life. Now im not saying it will happen, but you two are at a volnurable point. The only thing you can do is make regular contact, and try to stay in touch in such a way that he wont cheat on you. Same risk counts for you tho , loyalty to the outmost. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

I can only agree with what Robo says, except that if you are in the US, people seem to survive long distance much better than we do in Old Blighty. When I was at uni, 90% of people in relationships at home had split from their partners before Christmas, usually for someone at uni.

The good part is that many of these new relationships wewre successful and led to marriage.

That's the old $64 000 dollar question but unless you intend to move in together in the next 3 years and share household bills, you don't have to GO to uni. Most places have universities within commutable distance and our local college offers some degree courses. With the prospect of large student loans, I'm surprised more people don't do it.