THONGS/G-STRINGS ::: Why are they such a hit?!

Attitudes to wearing G-strings vary, as usual with revealing clothing, often on the same lines as anything showing buttocks, cleavage, breasts and other sexually-associated parts of the body. Some find it acceptable while others find it offensive — in certain jurisdictions it may even be illegal. Social acceptability may also differ by the wearer's age and the venue. For example, it may be acceptable on the beach or by the pool, but not in a place of worship.

G-string underwear must be pulled directly between one's buttocks, which some people find unattractive and/or uncomfortable, but which others enjoy. Because the cloth makes direct contact with the anus (unlike most underwear), the requirement for good personal hygiene is increased to avoid stains or marks on the material.

SOURCE: Wikipedia

I personally, think underwear is supposed to be comfortable and functional, and work as a boundary between ur privates and the exterior clothing. I think thongs are a sexy outfit basically to make out for a while and take off before intercourse... so I don't understand how can some people hang around with a piece of cloth stucked in the crack all day long... when noone even really sees how smoking hot is it... but that's me.

Now, the naked thruth ladies and gentlemen:

• Do you find them comfy and appealing?
  • Do you wear them? Yes (when) or no, and why.

I LOVE thongs!!!!!!!!! They're so comfortable, and no panty lines! I wear them because they don't prohibit me from wearing skirts or pants of thinner (or white) material. Other good choices are boy shorts and I think they're called "tanga" which is 1/2 way between thong and panties.

Thongs are over-rated. This habit of some women of showing them over their jean waistband is just plain stupid - not sexy at all. It looks really trashy actually. In my opinion (an enthusiastically hetro male) they are a fashion victim accessory that has long past it's due date. Very often many women lack the right kind of body shape in order to make them look good anyway (either too much "junk" or not enough)

Now those "boycut" panties - those are hot. OK, pretty well anything but "granny" underwear is hot, let's face it.

Oops, just re-read your posting - I guess you're looking for female opinions. Well, you got mine anyway!

Most of the time I only wear thongs or g strings. I find them VERY comfortable, as long as they are the right size. No panty lines, no riding up, nothing. They are perfect for me.

I also think it's very trashy to show the world you're wearing a thong. I really didn't get that whole fad.

If I don't wear a thong, I like those boy cut lacy panties, those are nice too, but they unfortunately leave panty lines.

Now, the naked thruth ladies and gentlemen:

• Do you find them comfy and appealing?
  • Do you wear them? Yes (when) or no, and why.

I dont believe that g strings/thongs are supposed to be comfortable, I think they operate more in the realm of even if they arent seen it makes to wearer feel sexy. While she is only wearing less underwear the societal perception is that these undergarments are sexy. My preference is a g string that have a high arch over the buttocks. In my opinion it makes the wearers buttocks look more ample which I already enjoy.

I do not wear them personally.

They are both comfy and appealing- however, if i were to dress sexilly for a guy i would chose the boy shorts over the thongs..i wear thongs all the time except on the above occasions... coz they are comfy and i can't stand VPL!!!

THERE IS NO NEED TO SHOW THE REST OF THE WORLD YOUR THONG THOU!! YUK!

One thing I never understood and maybe some of you can help me is. We spend half of our life trying to get the panites OUT of our butt, why would you want to start putting them back up there when you get older?

LOL * LOL * LOL

That's exactly my point.... How can you EVER get used to have a string stucked inbetween ur buttocks ?!?!?!

What about when ur on ur period? I mean, is already a hassle with a regular bikini... I can't imagine the mess of wearing a thong in ur period.

I really don't feel the g string. There are some thongs that are absolutely terrible, they have that really wide part that's supposed to "lift and separate" or whatever it's designed to do...but the real thin ones become unnoticeable (to some).

As for on your period, I was okay because I used tampons all the time, but even around then I would switch a pair of chonies with more coverage.

Most of the time I only wear thongs or g strings. I find them VERY comfortable, as long as they are the right size. No panty lines, no riding up, nothing. They are perfect for me.

I also think it's very trashy to show the world you're wearing a thong. I really didn't get that whole fad.

If I don't wear a thong, I like those boy cut lacy panties, those are nice too, but they unfortunately leave panty lines.

My sentiments exactly. I pretty much wear them on a daily basis.

Well I don't think that is really a good idea wearing thongs all day long. I wear normal white cotton combined with modal or elastine panties and they are low raise. And in winter they are definitelly not low raise.

Thangs, and all other sorts of sexy underwear is something I wear at home before sex if my bf likes it.

I don't like beeing at work, sitting infront of my computer for about 8 hours and having something in my....

Do you find them comfy and appealing?

I think in many ways they can be more comfortable than full-coverage underwear. If you buy the right size and the right fabric, you will not know you are wearing it. Since g-strings/thongs tend to be skimpy they do not seem to irritate your bikini line like full-coverage underwear which sometimes feel like they are cutting into your skin.

I do not find them appealing personally. I do think they look far better with a tan. Hubby likes them.

I think they look VERY unappealing when people wear them and let them hang out of their jeans and pants.

Do you wear them? Yes (when) or no, and why.

Yes, depending on what I am wearing for clothes. If it's something that shows an underwear line, I will opt for a thong. I have spent $$ on supposedly "seamless" full-coverage undeywear- but they're never the same....there's always some kind of line you can still see-

the requirement for good personal hygiene is increased

One would hope that people would have very good personal hygiene, regardless.....

BellaDonna