Love on a billboard or website

Haha, I remember this lady about a year ago paid $50,000AU for a billboard in a city... advertising for a husband, she must have been about 45-50 years old.

Pretty funny it got a lot of publicity, needless to say she got a lot of enquiries but none that fitted the keyhole.

I've never watched "Miss Match." It was just a piece of advice I read somewhere, by a columnist for Elle magazine (E. Jean Carroll). I must admit, it sounds interesting.

I bet if you are living in New York City or something, and have $2000 extra to spend a month on a PR person, then sure, pay that kind of money and get invited to art gallery openings, movie launchings, etc... the sorts of places where you would meet lots of single men and people who know people who know a single man for you

I would actually recommend AGAINST free dating sites, because it has been my experience that those men are not always serious about dating or a relationship.

if you join link removed or eharmony, where someone has paid $14 a month or $30 a month to join, you know that he is serious about going on dates and meeting women.

some men on the free sites seem to have joined more as a 'social experiment' or are just plain cheap.

I agree with rose, not everybody has the money to fork out on website dating... when you can go out which is free and you see people face to face.

But if a person won't fork over $15 a month for the opportunity to meet the love of their life, do you think they would ever even pay for your hamburger once in a while?

Those are two different things, I personally don't see the need to fork out $180 a year for the option to send people messages waiting for their reply. I think dating websites are a bogus way of making money from people who have no time, or have little luck dating.

Paying for a day out or a date is a little different.