Friend (girl) calls you (guy) crying like crazy, what do you do?

Yesterday night, very late at night one of my friends broke up with her bf and she was cryin like mad. And I was just blank on words because I think this is one of the first girls I've actually become good friends with and that would call me like this so I had no clue what to do. I was just listening and was quiet while she went on....throwing in a random agreeing noises. LIKE I HAD NO CLUE what to say...I was like its ok just calm down relax take a breath becuz she was cryin so hard it was hard for her to breath....so incase of any future calls like this what do I do??? and did I do anything right/wrong on this call??

It's not always easy knowing what to say. I think she just appreciated the fact that she could call you and ramble on and on. Mostly, when people call crying like that, they just need someone to listen.

Maybe next time you see or talk to her let her know that she can call you whenever and you are happy to be there for her.

Yes, we don't expect a solution of our problems while beeing sad about something. We just want you to listen to us. Actually woman find annoying when they are complaining about something and a guy jumps in with a solution. We just want you guys to be empatic. That's all.

And you guys are always trying to find a solution and if you don't know someone who can fix what is broken you panic

You've done the right thing. The best is to just ask her how she is and let her do all the talk. We can talk endlessly....

If this is one of those girls that you're "friends" with only because you're interested in them but haven't let your true feelings be known, then you're digging yourself into a deeper hole.

This girl will not become attracted to you or feel like she wants you more in a romantic sense because you know the right thing to say when she has a relationship crisis like this. It actually works in the exact opposite! She'll push you further into the friendzone and the longer you're there, the harder it is to get out of and the harder it'll be for you to get over her and move on to other girls.

You being friends with girls will not get them to be romantic with you. This is flawed logic that has been proven wrong.

If this is one of those girls that you're "friends" with only because you're interested in them but haven't let your true feelings be known, then you're digging yourself into a deeper hole.

This girl will not become attracted to you or feel like she wants you more in a romantic sense because you know the right thing to say when she has a relationship crisis like this. It actually works in the exact opposite! She'll push you further into the friendzone and the longer you're there, the harder it is to get out of and the harder it'll be for you to get over her and move on to other girls.

You being friends with girls will not get them to be romantic with you. This is flawed logic that has been proven wrong.

This is a girl I have gotten over a long time ago....we are just close friends now, I care for her as a friend but nothing more.

Just make sure you validate her feelings.

by LostInMyThoughts

What do you mean by that?

And also I should I say uh-huh, yea, etc...like you know those short words you say when ur listening to someone....or should I just be like silent and listen because yesterday I was pretty much silent.

Validating her feelings? Stuff like:

"That sounds awful!"

"I know how you feel."

"He sounds like such a jerk!"

"Its okay to be sad."

You know, letting her know that you hear and understand her feelings and that you agree with them. That she's not just being silly or emotional.

Both uh-uh and silence works. I would prefer the uh-uhs myself because that shows you're there and listening.

I think you did just fine. One of my girlfriends(female friends) does that sometimes. She'll call when she's feeling down and just cry her heart out and vent out her depression and anger. They don't really need you to answer back with advice. However, by showing that you are listening by going uh-huh and whatever else that shows you are intentive to what she is saying helps her out because it shows that you care. Sometimes just knowing that someone is on the other side listening to what you have to say is enough to make her happy. So don't worry so much about what to say back just make sure you really are listening to them because during that time they are vulnerable and if you only pretend to listen and they ask for your perspective on things and you have no idea what she is saying, she'll only end up feeling worse.