I'm about to be a senior in highschool, and up until this point, I honestly did not believe in love- the thought of it nausiated me. Anyway, I met this guy in the beginning of summer, a foreign exchange student from Turkey, and we went out and really hit it off. We started dating and I ended up falling for him, pretty much against my will.

However, he had to go back to his country so he could attend college. Saying goodbye was the hardest thing I ever had to do- he was the only guy I let myself cry over. The first couple hours after I dropped him off, he kept calling me back and we'd talk until he was literally on the plane. We communicated a lot when he first arrived back, and began planning on how I would go to Turkey next summer (even though it's so expensive!)

Well, lately, it's just been getting really bad. We'll talk on MSN messenger but we seem to run out of things to talk about, and we end up asking if the other one has been faithful. (By the way, he got around quite a bit before he met me, and did a complete 180, but I still have a hard time trusting him.)

I don't know what to do. I love him, I really do and I would LOVE to see him again in person, but until then, I'm so scared that we won't make it through the school year and whatever we had will die out. I understand that these things happen and I should move on, but it was just so wonderful when we were together and I really believe we can be great in the future. I would really appreciate ANY advice or suggestions anyone has on how we can keep it alive without killing each other with jealousy.

Thanks!

This tends to happen a lot in LDRs...it's really hard to maintain the same connection you have when they aren't there all the time...especially when you're in highschool and have such a future/opportunities ahead of you. It CAN work, but will be difficult.

You might need to reduce the ammount of time you spend together online - This way you won't run out of things to talk about as much if the gaps between talks are longer, and you won't get bored or tired of each other. LDR are really difficult, I hope you manage