Dating shorter guys -- your opinion?

I'm going on a date with a guy in a few days... the thing is that I'm quite tall. I'm 5'9" and he's 5'7". I'm just worried it might be a bit awkward...I remember one of my ex's was exactly the same height as me (or maybe half an inch taller) and he always felt self-conscious about that. I never did personally, but his insecurity sorta rubbed off after he would constantly joke about it.

Girls, how do you feel about dating a shorter guy? I feel a bit awkward about it as I tend to prefer taller guys, but he's otherwise really good-looking... he's a hot film director. Have you found it could be a deal-breaker or do some guys not mind? Did you found it posed a problem sometimes when you first started dating? Just looking for some thoughts. =)

Thx,

Lily

Not sure what you mean by "otherwise really good looking." So shorter than average is by definition an "otherwise?" What about those people (like myself) who happen to be drawn to shorter men? Why not look at it this way. This hot film director is willing to go out with someone who is taller than average and my guess is like all of us you have at least one other physical "flaw" which he will have to accept if he dates you. As far as feeling "awkward" it depends entirely on the two of you. My boyfriend is about 2 inches taller than me at 5"5 and he dated a woman who was 5"8. He doesn't care. In my view he stands head and shoulders above most people when it comes to integrity and character. As far as attraction, I agree that's a personal matter but I disagree with your generalization that shortness is by definition a negative.

My father is shorter than my mother and they never had a problem with it. In fact one of my brother-in-laws is shorter too. My first husband was shorter than me. I think it depends on how your family dealt with it when you were growing up.

Give the person a chance.

However, if the guy is attractive looking & you 2 are compatible conversation, personality wise, then don't fret about the height difference as much.

exactly! i couldn't agree more. a 2" difference in height is not really that obvious. what matters is how you feel towards him. and i also don't think he will be bother by it, in fact, he should be happy having someone like you (whom i assume beautiful, intelligent, and with a great personality) in his life.

more of me - link removed