"God" does not love me

All of the people who are telling everyone to turn to the bible sorta make me laugh...

The bible is the reason I left Christianity in the first place...

Here are some questions that I asked myself...

1.) What loving God would devise a diabolical torcher chamber like hell for people that he created in his own image?

If your own child does wrong would you toss him or her in the dungeon?

2.) If god is so perfect why did he need to martyr himself, to himself, for himself to rectify a mistake(sin)that he made?

Because, ultimately, the concept of sin came from the biblical diety. Adam and Eve, for all intents and purposes, were innocent. It was God who decieved them.

3.) God created satan. God, supposedly, knew that Lucifer would betray him and become a fallen angel...Ergo, God is the reason for evil in the world. He is not good and perfect because he has the capacity for evil and imperfection...

4.) Why did God need Abraham to prove his faith? If God is all knowing and omnipotent then he wouldn't need to have anything proven. He could just read his thoughts or something...

5.) Likewise for Job, whom god took through the ringer, just to prove his faith...And don't say that Satan did it. God allowed the devil to do it. that is like saying you didn't kill someone even though you paid off a hitman. You are still culpable...

Granted, I still believe in God. I just do not believe in the Judeo christian concept of God.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your response CG.

My previous post was not intended to be sarcastic. Let me try to clarify what I was trying to say.

In this thread you appear to be trying to understand why the world is as it is, and is not (more) to mankind's liking, and in particular, your own liking. And as it is not more to your liking, you feel you are not loved.

The assumption here is that if things are not to one's liking, one is not loved. In effect, one is equating liking with loving.

And this mistaken equating leads one to additionally assume that one needs to fix what is wrong.

This additional assumption is in effect that 'one knows best'; that in effect one 'knows what one is doing'; and in order for one to really know what one is doing, one would need to be all seeing, all knowing; hence my friendly dig at you about you sounding all seeing and knowing and being pleased that you were not all powerful.

There have been (and still are) a number of people who 'know how to fix it' and when such get some power we see where this fixing leads.