Ok, I've got a pretty interesting question.

Today I had sex with my boyfriend, for like the 4th or 5th time ever. We used a condom, so no worries about that. Well afterwards, I felt a sharp pain down 'there' and I went to the bathroom and noticed it was ridiculously swollen and painful. The only things I could think of was that I had a yeast infection last week, which was cleared up relatively easily. Maybe that could have caused it? Also, it was the first time we used Trojan condoms. Usually we use Lifestyles, and have never had a problem. The trojan had spermicide in it, but so did the lifestyles. Not sure if that had anything to do with it either. I dont know, I mean I've been icing it all day, which we kind of laughed off. But at the same time, im not laughing anymore. It hurts and is still a little swollen.

Any ideas as to what happened? Anyone ever had this happen before? Should I be cautious for next time?

Yeah, I know I know. Its random and came out of nowhere.

Its getting better now, and it wasnt sharp. It was basically sore when I went to move around. I mean, its getting better now, but earlier, it was really painful.

Girl, after a yeast infection, your skin can still be irritable. You might also be allergic to latex. I'd see your doctor, have him check out the yeast as well. Did you get treatment for that or did it miraculously go away by itself?

You say it's like the 4/5 th time ever, is that ever for YOU or for the two of you? I.e. is he your first partner?

The first 10-15 of sex were painful no matter what to me. I remember the same thing, your body is also getting used to having sex, and the vagina is a very flexible place, but sort of needs to be 'streched up' while you are having sex for the first time.

I think it's just the irritation of the yeast that you had, and then the sex. If it keeps bothering you, please go see an obgyn or doctor.

Ilse

Yes he is my first partner ever. So maybe your right, it could be sore from just having sex for the first few times.

As for the ice- Well not exactly. Just a cool compress.

I was treated for the yeast infection by my obgyn. I dont think I'm allergic to latex, because the other times (although few) didnt have any issues. However, I guess next time I am there, I will ask him about it.

Sounds like it could be a number of things, all of which may not be anything too terrible...soreness from it still being fairly new to you, reaction to the condom...different things like others have mentioned. I'd go to the doctor if it doesn't get better.

Does the pain feel like it's in your stomach?

The cool compress is a good thing, it reduces the swelling and pain. I just got rid of another yeast invasion, so I know how it is... I think it's best to be careful after you had an infection, the area is still sensitive. Do you think you were wet enough? You could consider using some lube the next time.

Ilse

Yes he is my first partner ever. So maybe your right, it could be sore from just having sex for the first few times.

As for the ice- Well not exactly. Just a cool compress.

I was treated for the yeast infection by my obgyn. I dont think I'm allergic to latex, because the other times (although few) didnt have any issues. However, I guess next time I am there, I will ask him about it.

Yeast infections are often dormant in women and pop up on increased sexual activity due to soreness.

What worries me is the sharp pain and substantial swelling, but if it would be an infection it likely would not go away. Thus, it could indeed be an alergy, but I would expect the pain to gradually increase. Changing back to the other condoms may be an easy fix.

If you like to experiment, you cold rub a fresh condom outside on the labia for a few minutes and see if you have any reaction.

Seeing the doctor won't harm

No pain in my stomach. I think I'll wait a week or so before the next time, and if it happens again, Ill go see a doctor.

Yeah, I think it might have something to do with the infection. Nasty little things, arent they? And looking back on it, lube might have helped a lot.

Thanks guys.