Well, since I'm closeted and not even sure if I'm 100% into girls yet (though I definitely feel the urge to be with one over to be with a guy at this point) I was thinking of trying online dating. It's easier to find out who is gay or not that way and may give me the chance to explore my sexuality.

But I'm kind of wary about online dating. I tried it in the past except with men, and all the men who contacted me were strange. They never seemed to care about me, but rather just cared about emailing a billion girls the exact same message and seeing who would reply to them. I never actually met up with any of them because I got scared off.

I'm wondering if it's a good idea or a bad idea to explore my sexuality more through online dating. I mean, I think I need to have some experience dating women to know if that's what I really like, but I'm never going to get this experience if I don't come out of the closet, and I don't plan to come out until I'm sure. Like I said in my earlier post, cycle of doubt. But I don't mind coming out online. I just don't want to come out to my school or my friends until I know it's real. And it's not like I'm going to use the people I date online to just come out...I really am interested in having a serious relationship with a woman! So advice, anyone?

Straberries, I'm pretty sure that I'm gay. but I, like you, have no experience of anything sexual with a member of the same sex. If you feel attracted to women or think about women when you are aroused or sexually excited, then you probably aren't straight and you do like girld. you don't have to be a lesbian, you can simply be bisexual but let's not leave the lesbian possibility out.

However, now I've got a boyfriend. He is the most wonderful, loving and caring person in the world. the thing is I met him online although not through online dating but through a forum, this forum. We've known each other for about 6 months now but have been together for almost 5. I didn't look for love, but I found it the one way I never thought I would find a partner.

You can find someone over internet, but dating sites aren't the best places. many just sign up there for a one time thing, but if experimenting is what you want. online dating might be something for you although you need to be careful. You never really know who you're meeting and what their intentions are.

Good luck.

Online dating can go either way. You're going to get people that have been totally SCREWED by dating someone they met online, and you're going to find people who married someone they met online.

All you can really do is weigh the pros and cons and decide for yourself. I understand not wanting to come out til you're sure. Maybe self-examination would help too? Are you just sick of men, or are you honestly not attracted to them? If you mentally walk through the process of having sex with a woman, are you excited, disgusted, aroused? If you fantasize when you masturbate, what gender do you fantasize about? If you can answer all these questions for yourself, you'll have a better idea of how serious you are about liking women.

Every person's journey is different, but the internet is a fantastic tool that past generations didn't have. We can do searches and find all sorts of information on sexuality, we can join forums for support and advice, and we can connect with people who are halfway around the world. Just remember that the internet DOES span the globe and it won't be the easiest thing in the world to find a girl you can fall for who's close enough for a real, hands-on, face-to-face relationship. You might also want to do a search for LGBT resources in your area, LGBT groups and hang-outs, chat rooms for local LGBT youth, etcetera.

Best of luck!

I think it can be a good Idea. You can come online where you're annonymous yet can talk openly about anything, and not have to worry about judgement.

the getting together with strangers part........of online dating. not sooo great. I know from experience ALL guys you meet online basically just want to have a good time. So...hopefully.....if you are looking for a female, they may at least give you good conversation....... this world is way to sexually driven lol.

and hey, if you happen to find someone who proves my statement wrong, let me know haha.

I'm not sure where you live, but link removed has become a hot place to meet members of the opposite sex if you live in a big city in the USA. I lived in Seattle for a short time and many of the women that I met told me to post a thread on there. I haven't had any luck with it or any other online dating thing.