I called my friend to tell him I want out.

I am finally going to do it. After this whole scare the last few weeks over the situation that we had to face on Thursday, I have finally gotten to the end of my rope about things. This afternoon, I called my friend and told him to come down to see me and that we needed to talk. After much grumbling from him, but after seeing that I was very serious, he agreed to come down, but he is coming down with his bf.

I know this is not the right way to tell someone that you want out from them, but I am planning to do it over dinner. My friend is worried about what I want to tell him because of the way I sounded on the phone, very cold and angry. He said we could talk it out over dinner and that he would pay for dinner (that's a first for him). So, I am going to tell him over a seafood dinner.

I am too much of a nice person to do it coldly. I have feelings for him. I will tell him over dinner and see what happens. I hope I can keep to it.

After these past weeks and after the support I have seen from people on here and from some friends that I do have, I have decided that my friend isnt good for me.

A friend of mine's that I hadn't talked to in over 3 months called me yesterday morning. We had a long talk and I realize how much I miss my friends from back out in the Midwest. I am planning to take a weekend and go out to Chicago to see my friend sometime in the next month or so. I know there is a big possibility that I may run into my ex since I am planning to go to Ren Faire out there, but I need a change of scenery.

We'll see how tonight goes. I hope I can keep my resolve.

Annie24, I have had it with him. All he cares about is himself and his stupid relationship with his bf and now his continuous infatuation with his intern. He expects me to be there for him ALL THE TIME. Everytime he calls me, it is always about him, his problems, etc. If I even want to talk to him about my problems, he always tells me to "stop playing my games and that he has life so bad since his work s*cks, his life s*cks, no one understands him, and that I am living the high life, etc."

I guess after what happened last Thurs, I have really had it. He had the gall to pick a fight with me after the events of last Thurs.

I have no idea if tonight is going to work out. I just got a call from my friend. He is NOW in a really bad mood. Apparently he is stuck in major traffic on his way down to San Diego and now he doesnt want to come down by me. He wants me to come up by him and I told him that I want him to come down by me and insisted on it. The way he is right now, angry and pissed off, I think we are going to fight it out tonight.

I have no idea how to tell him I want out, if he is going to be this upset when he shows up on my doorstep. He was literally screaming at me on the phone about the fricking traffic and my insistence that he come down by me.

Can people say they want out and still fight it out?

I am losing my resolve and it isnt good. I have never been a strong one. If I can pull this off, I am going to go on a vacation back to the Midwest for a few days in a few weeks. I have no money but I really want a change of scenery. I want to see some friends that I miss from back out there.

Don't worry. I know how to take care of myself. I can calm him down if he is angry. He is with his bf. If it gets real bad, we will argue it out.

I cant deal with this anymore.

I talked to some friends this weekend and realize this is the best thing to do for myself.

Maybe if I get him out of my life, I can be happy and move on and find a job.

Wow, it looks like I chose the right day to log back into ENA! You GO, Ren! Am so proud of you for coming this far. You're writing with a strength I haven't seen before, and it really suits you.

Don't lose your resolve.... But remember--this isn't a one-shot deal. If the planets don't align tonight, then so be it. You can make it happen *any time you want*...and doesn't that feel good?

Now I need to go catch up on your old posts, whew...I must've missed a ton in the past few weeks.

RW, I'm really glad that you have decided to do this.

Honestly, he is so abusive to you! I've never seen someone called 'friend' who has been that horrifying.

Trying to cut the ties will be hard. He'll stalk you like you two are dating, guaranteed. He needs someone to put up with him. He's an abuser. This will all get turned around on you, he will blame you for everything, and he will act like he has been such a good friend and you and you didn't appreciate it.

Keep posting hon, this will be hard, but you're doing the right thing.