Cheating...your definition of it............

my husband and I have a weird definition of cheating, there isn't that clear line of "this is cheating, but that is not" like kissing or oral sex or whatever, anything that cheats the relationship as a whole is cheating, whether it be physical, emotional, or mental, if you are not 100% honest and 100% on board with the relationship, there is a problem.

We have had long discussions about it though, and decided a good test would be if you don't want your partner to do it, you shouldn't either.

It's important for us to escape even the appearance of evil, so we are very careful about our activities, and our relationships.

I think cheating is doing something that you wouldn't do in front of your partner. ie, would you kiss another man/woman on the lips in front of your partner? I guess only if you had your partner's permission.

well... I don't think that flirting is really cheating, but it can definitely lead to cheating! flirting with others when you are in a relationship is just disrespectful.

My definition of cheating is building a relationship, either physical or emotional with another person and keeping it hidden from your partner!

I agree with this one here. Building a relationship with another person could be emotional, physical, or both and all of those are cheating.

Cheating, to me, is ANY type contact or interaction with someone else of any gender (that is not your partner) for romantic purposes. Usually cheating is hidden and done in secret, but not always. What about the husband who's wife cheats on him, and he goes out and has a one night stand for some retribution. He will want to flaunt it and be open about it. I don't consider flirting as cheating, but it is definitely an indicator of a problem. Cheating is a very grey issue.

My definition of cheating is building a relationship, either physical or emotional with another person and keeping it hidden from your partner!

Second that!

Warning signs: Entertaining errotic thoughts about someone and keeping it hidden from your partner. Something is wrong!

Others: Engaging in masturbation hidden from your partner.

There is nothing wrong with masturbation while on a trip for example, but it should be opened up.

All this is about functionality. It's an emotional and social contract with the partner which has to be nurtured.

Masturbation along with the erotic fantasies that go along with it, in my books at least, most definitely DO NOT CONSTITUTE as cheating.

If it is hidden it is cheating as from a functional perspective, such activities erode the relationship.

If I am on a trip for a week, I masturbate (even just for prostate health reasons), and my gf too. We know about each other masturbating. No problem.

Why hide it?

If it is hidden it is cheating as from a functional perspective, such activities erode the relationship.

If I am on a trip for a week, I masturbate (even just for prostate health reasons), and my gf too. We know about each other masturbating. No problem.

Why hide it?

What like in a locked closet at 3 in the morning?

What do you exactly mean by "hidden"?

What like in a locked closet at 3 in the morning?

What do you exactly mean by "hidden"?

For example. My gf is out to pick up the kids from school.

If I would go masturbating now to fantasies of being with her it would be cheating.

If I would go masturbating now to fantasies of someone else now it would be worse cheating.

If I would have sex with another girl now it would be worst cheating.

The emotional and social contract mandates to share sex together and when apart to open to each other about it.

Hidden = not open

For a truthful relationship, mutual openness is very important.

I have cheated and was cheated on, eroding the contract is the practical beginning of cheating.

I'd say that kissing/making out with another person is cheatin, cuz I wouldn't do that with another person, if I am with someone

Same here, it's total disrespect. Unless both you and your partner are into swingers lifestyles, anything sexual and romantic done and in a discreet way due to your partner getting hurt is cheating.

Then I guess you guys have to talk about it and straighten up with her, explain your views on it to her. It's hard when two people share different views on what's considered cheating. Ask her what if you were to do the same thing, kiss/make-out with other girls, if she says she doesn't mind, tell her you do mind, that to you and most people, that's cheating, anything that's done in secret. It's something you wouldn't do in front of your partner.

If she respects you, she'll agree with you.