I shouldn't have listened to his message.

It's killing me. I should have just deleted it. ](*,) Hearing his voice, now I'm so depressed. I'm going to miss holding him so much! God, now it is so hard for me to even think why I did break up with him. All I can think about is his touch and his face and how much I love him. I knew this would happen, I knew it would be hard. It's even harder for me to think of the reasons why we didn't work, when I'm working till 9pm and don't have anyone to tell me it's ok and it will get better!

I read your other post and can see how hard this is on you, but you are doing the right thing. You two just weren't going to work out.

At first, it's very hard, but you really are on the right track. From now on, delete his messages and don't respond to any of his advances. He had a lot of time to prove himself over and over and completely blew it yet again. He wants a relationship without putting any effort in.

sorry you have no one to tell you that

So I will right now " it's okay it WILL get better" warm hugs

You miss him & that's why your doubting yourself. But you know you did it for a reason (even though you can't remember it now, there was a good one). In time the feelings will fade & IT WILL GET BETTER

I know, I need to really just be strong. It's like I want to call him even though I know we'll fight or whatever. I know he wont call or anything anymore. I could tell in the message he left. I guess I was right all along he didn't care as much as I thought. I'm sorry I just wasn't expecting it to be THIS hard. It's so hard to hold back the tears.

Thanks, I dunno, he's been my life for 3 years. This is horrible.

guess I was right all along he didn't care as much as I thought.

My friend is going through the same thing right now and she just told me this today. She broke it off, hoping he would see the light but he's either blind or stupid.

I'm so sorry you're hurting, but it definitely will get better. Soon you will feel better, and more confident in your decision. Also, it's hard to feel that you were 'right' about him not caring.

You are doing really well, keep telling yourself that!

It's so hard to hold back the tears.

I suggest you not hold back the tears, or anything else, for that matter through this. Just don't contact him!

Yeah, I've cried, collapsed to the floor in tears actually, locked myself in a room and yelled and sobbed. Taken walks and looked at the stars and cried some more...probably many other sorry examples like that as well...

And then you get better and someone else comes along...

So the point is to be ready for that next person! Flush your system of this heartache through tears and grief. Deal with these feelings head-on now so they don't hide and re-appear when you don't want them too...

I want to cry, I want to scream, but I'm at work all day till 9. So it's like I sit in the office my eyes are all swollen cause I want to cry but I have no place to go and cry to. ya know.

Yeah, I've been there before, it's tough. And those feelings come and go and may not be there when you are able to let it out.

Just hang in there, let this thing run it's course, just like being sick...

If you have vacation time built up at your job, now might be a good time to take it as well...

You will have days like this but those before you have got over it and so will you. If you'd have told me 21 years ago I'd be over my ex wife, I wouldn't have believed you. Sure, it took 2 years (18 months too long) but I did it and so can you.

• 4 weeks later...