What do you consider the most romantic accent?

Austrailain Accents all the way!!! So cool. And for some reason...Irish accents. When I bartended, there was this Irish lad here on business staying at a hotel nearby. He came into the bar every night he was there to have a drink and dinner. I would ask him silly questions just to hear his accent. I think they are comforting and the most "homey" accents around.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When some people say they love the Australiana ccent - which one is it usually?

The ocker, Crocodile Dundee man-from-the-bush accent that runs all their words together - owyergoinmateyouwannaavabeercarnmyshout -

(translated - 'How you going mate you wanna have a beer? Come on, my shout.')

Or is it the city slicker, Nicole Kidman/Cate Blanchett type accent?Just curious.

btw I love Irish accents, particularly on a man with a nice deep voice...Colin Farrell....

i prefer american accent. it's simple and clear.

british and kiwi are cool too but i can't understand sometimes. i have to ask them to repeat it ( which makes them think i'm not paying attention to the words they say)....LOL

I don't think the problem is that its not clear its more, the way they use words that have a different meaning to them then something to us would and then it confuses us.........thats just what I think, others may or may not agree with me.....everyone is entitled to there own opinion!

Slick

I love the australian accent. Also French accents and lastly Italian.

In the states, I like the Louisiana type accents , you know like down around "Nawlins" ( New Orleans ) .

I have the southern accent , being from Alabama. I don't think I sound like a hick or anything, but I do have the drawl I suppose.