My ex and I broke up 8 months ago she broke up with me and wanted to still be friends. From September 05' to December 05' she would call me every so often to how I was doing, I never called her in this time. They would be short calls and we never talk about are relasionship just stuff in general. We didn't talk at all to each other from January 06' till April 06' when she call me out of the blue, she wanted to know how i was doing I told I started college and was doing really good, she ask me if I had met any girls and I said no and I left it at that. Thought the month of April she has been calling me alot at least once or twice a week from not hearing from her for 3+ months to now calling me all the time, she never brings up that she wants to get back together but why is she calling me all time now. The other day she called and wanted to go have lunch with me so I agreed and we met for lunch. She was flirting was me, leaning over brushing up againts me, touching my hand stuff like that. I was flirting with her back and she seem to not have a probelm with it. I really don't know what to think of how she has been acting. Does she want to get back together or is she just string me along me ? She is just really confusing me. If anyone can give me any advice on this it would really help

Weed,

Bust a move on her but be cautious at the same time. I'm glad to hear you're observing her body language as this is usually one of the most reliable indicators of interest. What initially went wrong in you guys' relationship, who broke up with who?

She broke up with me, she said we needed time apart and we were at differnt stages of our life but now im in college and she is starting college and are lives are pretty much on the same path so idk what to think. We never really had any problems, we were together for about a year and a half. We got along just fine my parents loved her( my mom always tells me we should get back together) and her parents though I was great. I am waiting for her to say something to me , but idk if I should say something to her I don't want to push her away.

I'm sort of having an almost similar problem with you.....well she's not my ex or anything, just an extremely close friend who acts very strangely....

One day she'd be real close to me and goes online to MSN whenever I come, and messaged me immediately.....then she also got a new mobile just so she could call me more often, according to her....

But then sometimes she'd disappear for 2 to 3 weeks for no reasons, then back again, etc.....

It's so sickening I feel sick and tired of it.....so rather than stressing about her, I just concentrate on other useful things in life, and see what the universe has to offer....

I know it's very stressing, tiresome, and confusing, but hey, just try your best to be strong. Try to forget her for a while and put yourself first.....

Sometimes they act bad because of our fault, but sometimes it could be they themselves who are just plain weird...

I wish you all the best (and wish me luck too please)

If she wanted you, she'd kiss you.

I'd say this is more of a test, and if you ask her out you'll (1) fail the test and (2) scare her away.

Women think they can be friends with men, men always want more. And while you are dating her you're ignoring the other women who you SHOULD be dating.

What do you want to do?

If you want to be with her again, ask her out and see what she says. There isn't that much of an incremental risk in terms of rejection pain, and it will clarify where things actually do stand, and help you move forward one way or another from the confusing place where you are now.

If you don't want to be with her again, then ignore her advances and don't go to lunch with her or speak with her daily.

Weed,

I have a very similar problem. My ex was touching me over and over again, putting her arms around my waist in front of my mother!! We have been broken up for 3 months and she is really confusing me by her level of affection. She has also called yesterday and wants to see me this weekend to go to eat or coffee. I have no idea why these women act this way. But I do know that when I am flirty and touchy-feely with someone, it is because I like them and I'm attracted to them. I wouldn't be doing that with an ex who I didn't like. But does it mean your ex wants to get back with you? I can't say. I really wish I knew for my own sake!! Best thing I can advise is to play it cool as much as you can. This is very tough, I know. But I don't think she is stringing you along. It's been 8 months, right? I think if she had wanted to "string you along" it would have happened a long time ago. I sort of agree with Chai--- try to make a move if she persists in her flirting, but be very careful, and be prepared for rejection. If you can handle it, go for it!

Good luck.

best case scenario: she wants you back

worst case scenario: she's a b*tch and wants to see if you still have feelings for her. If she finds out that you do, she will get an ego boost and recognize that she can have you anytime she wants. Then she will not call for and start dating other men.

Saying she just want to use you as a friend is a bit premature. Expecting her to ring your doorbell and just plant one on you is unrealistic. Here's what to do:

The next time she calls you, ask her where she sees the two of you going. If you get anything along the lines of working something out, be cool, let her know that you're interested and see where things go. If she gives you anything about just being friends, tell her that you're only interested in working things out and then see what she says. If she's not interested in anything like that then let the situation be. Give her some time to figure things out because most likely she still doesn't know what she wants.

Of course it's not good to be too emotionally invested in her, but you have to show some or she'll get the idea that you don't care at all about her. And as always you should be talking to other girls as well.

well she called last night to basically talk to me about nothing, When we were together she use to call me just to talk about nothing i didnt mind then cause she was my girlfriend and she just wanted to talk to me but now its just getting annoying. What does she want from me? i wanted to ask her what was the point of this call but i didnt, I dont wanna piss her off but i wanna know what is going on. I guess im just gonna have to wait and see.

She wants free therapy and it seems like you'd rather waste time talking to her than meeting a woman who really is interested.

Talking on phone = friendzoned.

Going on dates = boyfriend.

If you're not using the phone to make a date, hang up.

I don't quite understand why you don't just ask her straight out. If she is hesitatant or doesn't know what she wants then you got your anwser. If she doesn't know by now that she wants to try again with you...then she is definitley leading you on and taking advantage of the fact that you will talk to her whenever she calls.

I don't think that Girls and guys can not be friends when there are lingering feelings between one another...and this seems to be the case with you guys. Find out what she wants, if she doesn't want to be with you, I would start the no contact again and move on

good luck