Basically I do not completely understand why most women would have difficulty understanding an so called "emotional affair" or when your partner starts falling in love with another girl and tend to forgive more the sex act, especially one night stands the most. With guys it tends to be the other way around.

I dunno, I'm a girl and to me there is nothing worst than my man sharing his body with another girl, I wouldn't tolerate that. I told him if once if I ever found out he screw another girl or even told me that, he would be out right away before I start throwing up. A kiss, well maybe that would be forgivable, if he tells me offcourse and depends. Online thing, well maybe. I would understand these things but definitely not full blow sex, yuck!!!!!!!

Both for me are dealbreakers - be it a PA (physical affair) or emotional affair (EA).

I think a lot of women have just as much of a problem with either, but sometimes may forgive a one night stand based on circumstances (ie they have children together, he confessed and is working on earning trust back) as opposed to an emotional affair that shows the person took a lot of time with the other, if they were dishonest about it, and they gave their love to someone else. I am just speculating, as I said, both are dealbreakers for me.

Hi Pogo and Welcome!

You raise a very interesting observation. And there is some truth to it. Just about all of my girlfriends and my mom, have admitted emotional cheating is far more painful than the physical aspect. And most of my guy friends have admitted the physical part is horrifying for them to picture.

My personal opinion...I think the emotional cheating aspect is far more painful. I had to sit back and think for a moment to really realize why. Ok...for emotional cheating to occur, the whole act of it shows that this took time to build up and to get to that point. Does that make sense. It just seems that there is much more invested in that sense. True, the sex part is horrible, but in some cases, it does not take place over a long period of time. It can be a one night stansd, some random hook-up, a stolen kiss. Do I make sense? Plus, the emotional connectedness is soooo important to me and because of that, it is devistating to me that my BF would emotional connect with someone else and not with me.

Also, emotional affairs very often lead to physical ones. Double whammy. It makes it easier for the phyiscal part to occur IMO. I guess it boils down to what is more important to you. Either act is horrible. I hope I shed some light on it...sorry if I got a little long-winded. But in either case, they are deal breakers, even cyber cheating.