Help...I made a mistake.

This is somewhat of an emergency. I feel like total crap. I told the guy I'm interested in I like him. He didn't feel the same. The worst part: I see him three of four periods and lunch. Each period is seventy-five minutes long, and he sits beside me in two of them to make matters worse. And yet, none of this occurred to me as I expressed my undying love (in a less pathetic way). The awkwardness I've instilled is never-ending. I'm SUCH an idiot. What do I do to make it less weird?!

You did the right thing and you are absolutely NOT an idiot, now that he has said no, you can move on with your life, everyone has free will and its always a gamble, at least you can't blame yourself , because hey you 'tried' right? That's seriously all you could have done, oh well there's plenty of more fish in the sea, its been a win win situation for you as far as i am conserned, it was really the best thing to do, what else could you have done? Wait in anguish for many years in desperation to know wether he'd like you or not? Of course not, you made a brave and daring attempt to share your love and your life with someone, helas you can't always get what you want, but you tried and as far as i am concerned thats all what matters.

lol, thats not a fun position to be in..well lets see theres really nothing that can be done to totally rid you of your awekward feelings...UNLESS, of course u build a time machine, travel back into the past, prevent your original self from "expressing her undying love" to this guy, and thus, travel back into the future and wipe the sweat off your forehead, all before the next time you have class with him of course.

Well honestly, matters like this are invitable, they are going to occur and no matter what, you will get that awekward feeling..but the trick is..not to let him know, your feeling awekward..maybe if you stir up the guts inside of you, u can make a joke about it..not recommended of course, but it "may" save you. Have ever thought of moving from where your sitting? Or something alone those lines..OR just tuff it out, and play the "it doesn't phase me game." I think thats your best bet! But if i come up with a better solution, I'll be sure to rush it on to ya. Have fun in skewl

I think it's great you actually told him. There's post after post in these forums and more of how people don't know if they should, and have liked the person for so many years, don't know what they should do... I don't think I've ever found out anyone actually telling the person to see what happens, but at least you know.

It's just not how you wanted and I can understand you feel embarrassed in a way considering he said he didn't feel the same and you are seated near him in so many classes.

But at least he is honest, and didn't choose to lead you on as some people have been known to do.

I think it would be best to just continue on as you would, and maybe make a light joke about it but only if the right time presents itself. Like don't force it out to make some comment about it that could come at the wrong time. Maybe he'll even end up being the one to make the light comments about it and take the awkwardness out of the situation.

I agree with xmrth! You really did the right thing - you took a chance, and that's great!!! The good news is that now you know how he feels, and you can move on. It's better than being obsessed with him for the next 2 years, wondering how he feels about you. You've just saved yourself A LOT of time, and can now go on and meet a guy who is crazy about you also.

I agree also with xmrth - make a joke about it. It's not a big deal, you like him, but he doesn't like you back. Oh well. Life goes on. Guys ask girls out all the time and get turned down, so now you know how they feel. It's always good to have a new perspective.

good luck!!!

HEY.. I'm proud of you.. that was awesome. You were brave and had the courage to speak your mind. Good for you.

I wish I had spoken up to a boy in HS who also seemed to be in every single class. I had the HUGEST crush on him. And I think I dropped tonz of hints. He unfortunately was to thick headed to pick up on the hints. I thought he just wasn't interested.

And what happened??? I ended up telling him 20 years later at our 20th re-union. And guess what... HE said he was afraid I'd turn HIM DOWN. Thought I was.. "out of his league"... sheeesh. Ya, wanna kick yourself.

Wish I was as brave as you were.

ok.. now what to do. Well, blow it off. Act as if nothing out of the ordinary happened. If he mentions it cause he might.. just brush it off lightly. Put your hand on your heart.. and say.."aye, I'm heart broken... but I WILL SURVIVE..." then sing him that song...

and you know what.. You WILL survive. sending you a big hug.....

I Will Survive Lyrics

by Gloria Gaynor

First I was afraidI was petrifiedKept thinking I could never livewithout you by my sideBut I spent so many nightsthinking how you did me wrongI grew strongI learned how to carry onand so you're backfrom outer spaceI just walked in to find you herewith that sad look upon your faceI should have changed my stupid lockI should have made you leave your keyIf I had known for just one secondyou'd be back to bother meGo on now go walk out the doorjust turn around now'cause you're not welcome anymoreweren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbyeyou think I'd crumbleyou think I'd lay down and dieOh no, not II will surviveas long as i know how to loveI know I will stay aliveI've got all my life to liveI've got all my love to giveand I'll surviveI will surviveIt took all the strength I hadnot to fall apartkept trying hard to mendthe pieces of my broken heartand I spent oh so many nightsjust feeling sorry for myselfI used to cryNow I hold my head up highand you see mesomebody newI'm not that chained up little personstill in love with youand so you felt like dropping inand just expect me to be freenow I'm saving all my lovingfor someone who's loving me

OK I just posted a week ago about how to ask a guy out, and here you are telling him how you feel about him. Yeah, I'm super jealous of your guts. Seriously!! Impressive.

As for how to act with him around you, think positively about him. He was upfront and honest with you, tell yourself why remaining friends with him is worth it, and be happy about what you did!!

dude, i know everyone is telling you they are proud of you and everything, but you must be hecka embarrased, id probley cry or die of shock of being told no..!!! But yes, I am another person who is proud of you!!!

Good job, you sppoke your mind and thats a brave thing to do.

Im sure it's wayyyyy wayyyyy akward right now, but it'll get less, I

promise...just think of him as another chick sitting next to you or

even a guy friend who you joke around with a lot...Even better

flirt with all the rest of the guys in your class including him...who

knows, he may not like you right now, but maybe he'll realize what an

* * * he was...

They key thing to do is act like it doesn't bother you that he turned you down,

and just have a positve attitude...you can even throw in a little bit of cockiness...

just my suggestion...Goodluck chick

awwh, you're not an idiot; i think i agree with sexychick. go in with a positive attitude. act like what you told him is no sweat off your shoulders.. you liked him.. you went for it.. he didnt go for it.. oh well, there are other fish in the sea, maybe your positive attitude towards the situation will attract him to you.. you never know