Need advice on dating a Hair stylist

I've only gotten my hair cut from her twice, but I really feel like I should do this. She 8 years older than me, and shes got the hots for me probably.

But how can I go about making this successful?

1) She told me she was getting a job at this other salon.

-So I need to go get my hair cut on the day she is working.

-Whats the best way to arrange this?

2) Would this even work out?

-I only see her every 2 weeks just to get my hair cut.

What makes you think she has the hots for you? She may just be extra nice to you because 1 - you are 8 years younger than her and 2- money is money and sometimes that can make someone extra friendly.

IF you do want to be in contact with her, just let her know. Ask for her number, tell her to stay in contact with you after she leaves or get the new salon name.

You sure do get your hair cut a lot lol .

Sometimes, I think my hairstylist might have a crush on me too... lol....but neither of us are lesbians. I think (most) hairstylists are very friendly and personable, so it sometimes comes accross as something more ( or we make it more in our head). And it is a "business"... if they were mean and snotty to you, would you go back?

But I guess there's no way to really tell unless you ask her. Just ask if she'd like to hang out one day. If she blows you off, or makes an excuse... then you know she just wants to be your hairstylist....

Good Luck!

I have a hair salon...and I make it a practice to keep things professional..ie,

NOT dating the customers. I flirt, sure, but it is a way to keep the atmosphere light, friendly and fun. I think it's easy to get a crush on your stylist for a few reasons:

1) You see them intermittently enough to get to know them, but just enough that there is an air of mystery about them.

Also, you get to know them SLOWLY and in small doses, which is REALLY the best way to get to know someone regardless of what they do for a living...

and also in MY biased opinion...most hairstylists ARE a lot of fun, and usually really enjoy what they do and that comes accross in their personality.