Having a big downer today. NC for 3 weeks strong...

Just when I think I am finally getting past acceptance and into the healing process, I get a huge downer and go into depression mode. That's the type of day I am having today. My breakup was mutual and about 4 weeks ago. I have been actively going out, having a good time, and dating some girls here and there. Why do I still feel this way?

I know that I took a big part in the downward spiral of the relationship with my predominant character, but did I really deserve it this way? Me and my ex were like soulmates. Manufactured for one another. We had a peaceful and mutual breakup, then next thing I know is that she is as cold as ice, not wanting to talk with me anymore, wanting to just move on, and dating someone as early as a week after the breakup. I really really want to get this stage over with and move on but I can't help the seldom thought about everything we had that just pops in to my mind at random moments.

I have allot of new things in my life such as new car, new house, new gym routine, and this has helped me move on to a certain extent. However the lack of "that special someone" to share it all with creates a real bad emptiness inside. I really want to get over this ASAP. I don't even frequent the town where she lives anymore, for fear of seeing her and get that trembling effect that I got last time I saw her in public.

Please help me find the best way to get through this undieing emptiness!

CH

aww hun, I'm sorry you feel so empty sometimes. You really can't rush it tho. The emptiness will subside with time. As I was once told that you have to bury yourself in things that keep your mind busy. I know that's not always easy to do. When my ex and I broke up, it was very difficult for me especially since I was pregnant as well. I actually imagined a string tied from me to him and cutting it to release the hold. Of course here it is almost 4 years later and I've just now met someone who completes my day. He's semi dealing with your similar situation. He was married to a woman whom he thought of as his soulmate. She wants nothing more to do with him now (more than 2 years later), but his stomach still flipflops each time he sees her. So, give it some time hun. It gets easier... I promise.

taleahmage, thanks for the uplifting words. It is certainly tough at times, but I am thankful to have started brand new on a lot of things (House, car, gym) including having a roommate that is my best friend living with me. He went through 2 heartbreaks and is on my same boat. We grieve together and comfort each other when in need. I guess I have to ride out this storm of "ups and downs" and hope that the "downs" slowly begin to subside. It's only the beginning (4 weeks)... sigh...

CH