WHY DO MEN HAVE TO LOOK AT OTHER WOMEN

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your girlfriend ain't too hot, or you ain't too much into her, or you don't respect her all that much then you look. Off course, some women are just too hot not to look.

this thread is 5 years old-awesome!!!

I don't agree with you...i think it's an instinct...I look at men and women probably as much as my SO...doesn't mean i am not in to him or that he isn't in to me...and it has nothing to do with his or my hotness...out of respect you try not to notice as much with your SO but in general it's instinctual to notice other people...

this thread is 5 years old-awesome!!!

I don't agree with you...i think it's an instinct...I look at men and women probably as much as my SO...doesn't mean i am not in to him or that he isn't in to me...and it has nothing to do with his or my hotness...out of respect you try not to notice as much with your SO but in general it's instinctual to notice other people...

I didn't revive it, someone else did...

When I was with my ex, I never looked at other girls. At work I never went crazy over the girls, or even at school. Yea if you asked if that girl is attractive I would answer but never like "I'd tap that". During the summer we had a lot of hot girls coming in the store, couldn't help but notice how fine they were. I admit it, not a good thing though but I have to admit it. But I never found any of them to be better then my ex cause my ex was fine.

I have a question for both men and women on this lovely forum. First off, I am not saying that looking is only something that men do...but us women know that when we look we do it slightly different then men.

Men look like they want to take home what they see. When Women look, we are merely trying to see if we 1. Know the person 2. If she's prettier then us. 3. If it's a cute guy...they just glance...but no more then that.

I have a problem though. It seems like men not only look but they give off this type of look like "Yummy" If she wasn't around I'd like to .....

Please respond to this! 8)

Because they have nice bodies and I like to look at them. I will even pay money to look at them.

I order coffee from the same shop every day because the girl that works there is hot. I smile at her and she smiles back.I look at her and she is pleasant to observe, it is a good arrangement.

What is wrong with that ?

Hehehe, my bf thinks he is really subtle and glances over at girls tying to be discreet - Perving is a natural thing, however, I find it very embarrassing when he does it in front of other people because I sense them (Espec. female friends) thinking "hhmmm, he has a wandering eye" I would rather him perve on someone on the TV than someone real... real is attainable.... lol!!!

It does annoy me cause he can't help but keep looking, and then I feel so small and embarrassed in front of the girl he is perving on...

As a woman. If i'm in a relationship. I don't notice men outside of my man as sexual. I am too interested in my man to care. I don't think we understand why men aren't the same way.

I mean I can look and say oh there is an attractive guy or girl like I say oh there is a pretty vase. I'm not thinking of them riding me like men seem to think of riding the girl they are leering at.

Because they have nice bodies and I like to look at them. I will even pay money to look at them.

I order coffee from the same shop every day because the girl that works there is hot. I smile at her and she smiles back.I look at her and she is pleasant to observe, it is a good arrangement.

What is wrong with that ?

That's kinda creepy

That's kinda creepy

Not really its honesty... I mean they staff these places with hot chicks.. because men like to look. Women look good, men like to look at things that look good, its pretty simple. That we look at women different to how women look at men is nothing other than the result of normal, healthy biological differences and should be encouraged. I love looking at women these days and if they catch me I smile at them.

Not really its honesty... I mean they staff these places with hot chicks.. because men like to look. Women look good, men like to look at things that look good, its pretty simple. That we look at women different to how women look at men is nothing other than the result of normal, healthy biological differences and should be encouraged. I love looking at women these days and if they catch me I smile at them.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with finding a woman in a store or anywhere for that matter, attractive.

But what is creepy, is going to the same place everyday to gawk at the same girl.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with finding a woman in a store or anywhere for that matter, attractive.

But what is creepy, is going to the same place everyday to gawk at the same girl.

Word.

LOL

Paying money to look at them in a store makes it sound like one is treating them like a stripper, and I don't think a convenience store clerk or a retail clerk deserves to be treated like that if they don't choose to be gawked at for a living. She could make a hell of a lot more money twirling on a pole, since she chose NOT to do that and make a lot less she shouldn't have to be gawked at by some creepy regular coming in salivating everyday at noon.

3. If it's a cute guy...they just glance...but no more then that.

Right..

Yes, we men look at other women, particularly attractive ones. And women look at men. Both our interests are the products of evolutionary and biological drives to find a mate and reproduce. No right or wrong here.

My ex used to really perve at other women when he was with me and that bothered me, i dont care if he looks, but drooling and carrying on is completely different.

I would look at men myself but not in the obvious way he would.

The other thing he did that annoyed me was beeping at MEN and whistling making it look like it was me and then turning around and saying to me "what are u doing? i thought u were with me"

i laughed at first and found it funny afterwards it got down right annoying.

Word.

LOL

Paying money to look at them in a store makes it sound like one is treating them like a stripper, and I don't think a convenience store clerk or a retail clerk deserves to be treated like that if they don't choose to be gawked at for a living. She could make a hell of a lot more money twirling on a pole, since she chose NOT to do that and make a lot less she shouldn't have to be gawked at by some creepy regular coming in salivating everyday at noon.

No if she didn't want to be gawked at she could get a job at Cole's or other conservative place of employment. If it were retail I would tend to agree but I wasn't talking about retail. I was talking about trendy little cafe's and bars.

In any case and I am wondering since when did you become a crusader for the rights of ordinary workers ? I remember a few threads where you took the opposing view completely. Perhaps you just like disagreeing with me ? Which is fine, but I'm not a creep I'm a regular guy with a reasonably stressful job who is being honest because someone asked me a question. Honestly I don't mind I just want to know why the sudden change of perspective ?

The answer is that we look because we enjoy looking at women and what better way to unwind after work, or put yourself in a good mood before work, than to encounter an attractive young woman handing you a tasty beverage. I just like to look it is nothing sinister and that was the example I used. Trust me when I say I am not the only one who follows that line of logic. We look not because we're dirty or that we want to take the woman to bed (which we do) but because we just simply are wired to enjoy looking. I just find the female body soothing and relaxing and I want to look at it.

I have a question for both men and women on this lovely forum. First off, I am not saying that looking is only something that men do...but us women know that when we look we do it slightly different then men.

Men look like they want to take home what they see. When Women look, we are merely trying to see if we 1. Know the person 2. If she's prettier then us. 3. If it's a cute guy...they just glance...but no more then that.

I have a problem though. It seems like men not only look but they give off this type of look like "Yummy" If she wasn't around I'd like to .....

Please respond to this! 8)

A) I wouldn't expect a woman to look at another woman the way a man does. Not sure why you would expect them to.

B) Men have MUCH higher levels of testosterone than women do, and testosterone makes us more aggressive and more of a risk taker. There are biological facts.

I am not saying that a guy now has an excuse to do anything he wants, I am just showing that we chemically do not work the EXACT same way. To hold men to the standards of women isn't fair.

C) Looking isn't a big deal, or at least it shouldn't be. ALL people look, and if someone refuses to look then I'd say something is a little off. Now I said "look", I did not say "gawk". If a beautiful woman walks by most normal guys would notice. NOTICE. Nothing wrong with noticing an attractive woman walks by. There IS something wrong with a guy staring, gawking, etc if he's taken. That's a bit disrespectful to your partner UNLESS the couple already has an agreement to what is an acceptable behavior.

most guys leer at another girl because guys are inheriently pigs, they have little respect for women in general.

That's why I hate most guys. they objectify women, and it makes me want to knock them out sometimes. gotta be better than them though.

Oh please. Get a grip. Most guys are pigs? You want to knock out guys? Seriously. Somewhere along the way you got off the tracks. That's hardly a fair statement by any stretch of the imagination.

I went to the sarstock concert in toronto with my botfriend. There were a lot of girls flashing boobs (to be expected) the first crowd we saw doing this he stopped to watch. I was fearious and walked off. To have glanced would have been fine with me but when he stopped to watch I couldn't deal with it and I don't believe I should have to tollarate such behaviour. I find his actions offencive and disrespectful. He says it's ok because she was a spectacle and I over reacted.

Had it been a man being a spectacle he would not have stopped, yet he says he wouldn't care if I did. But I wouldn't out of respect for him.

PLEASE HELP DID I OVER REACT?

WHAT MIGHT BE A BETTER WAY TO HANDLE THE SITUATION?

If he just stopped to watch the crazy scene unfold and you weren't pressed for time, then yes, you overreacted. If he got involved in the scene, was cheering it on, was stopping despite you guys having to get somewhere on time, THEN that would be an appropriate response.

It sounds like you two need to sit down and discuss your boundaries but I see nothing wrong that he did.

During the summer we had a lot of hot girls coming in the store, couldn't help but notice how fine they were. I admit it, not a good thing though but I have to admit it.

Why is it "not a good thing" to notice a girl because she is fine?

Why is it that so many men these days are made to be ashamed of something so completely normal?

I look at another women to check out if she is better looking than my gf.

Some men do it as a sense of establishing power in the relationship. They purposely check out other girls in front of their girlfriend to send the message "Hey I'm checking this girl out, if you aren't careful I'll leave you for her". From what I've seen this usually makes the girlfriend jealous and feel inadequate. She will actually cling tighter to the guy and take certain measures to regain that feeling of adequacy.