So I'm in a low-level (entry level) relationship with a girl and a friend (another guy) asks me if I want to go to a coffee shop to do some reading. She's near me when he asked. I say yes as long as I can be back by 9:00. She hears and then gets on me about why by 9:00 and not later since I hadn't said anything about 9:00 earlier. We live in the same apartment building. I said that I wanted to spend some time with a family in the neighbourhood, which didn't work out since his wife was sick anyway. She said as long as I don't go off watching the favorite show without her. I told her I'd invite her if we did. I then jokingly told her, "no doing that without me either." She took it seriously, sighed and said maybe my friend and I should go rent a movie and bring it back and we all could watch. I said, it depends on how I feel at the time and she responded, don't just do it because I asked you. Anyway, I was quite frustrated by that time and she said she was starting to feel kind of sick. She'd been pretty emotional all day--much more so than normal--so I suspect certain biological things since it's been about 4 weeks (we went to the store about that time and she bought the stuff right in front of me). Anyway, upon getting back without a movie, she was quite cold and distant. I went to my computer and MSN'd with her dad, who lives many, many miles away, for a while (we get along great--didn't bring that up though) and went to bed. I suspect I should bring it up next time we talk to see if any conflict resolution is needed or if it was just because we were both pretty exhausted. Any thoughts, should I bring the whole incident up, or leave it alone, or let her bring it up.

It sounds to me like you are hoping this behavior can be explained by a sudden-yet-expected hormonal upsurge.

That is probably the case, however, if you ask her about it now or try to talk about the difficulty you had with her behavior that evening, it will just further exacerbate the situation. Wait a day or two until the hormones have dropped off a bit. If it's hormonal, she'll be able to laugh about it at that point, if it's NOT then I would pause to consider if you want this to move beyond a "low-level" relationship...