I'm 18, am I ready for sex???

I have a boyfriend that I've known for about 2 years, I know im well enough to trust him. A few days ago I came over to his house and we rented movies and made out on the couch for a while. I guess we just sort of got out of control and we ended up on his bed playing around, in the end my bra was off and he got a good look at what was under my thong. His shirt was off and all he had were his boxers on, but I saw what was underneath. I was really in the mood of having sex, but I'd seen teen moms and I didn't want that just because of a mistake that I made. I f I do have sex though, I want it protected of course, and my question is am I ready???

I think you are ready for sex! Only you know for sure though. But based on you two being together for 2 years and trusting him, I dont see why you cant take it to the next step. Live a little! You just might like it! There is no right or wrong time to be ready, just when you feel comfortable is the most important thing.

Not sure if your doing other things other than making out... But if you were unsure about having sex because of pregnancy then you can try mutal masterbation, oral etc etc.... This can be very satisfying and little risk of pregnancy, (still have to be careful of where the cum goes).

Blimey! I lost my virginity before I was sixteen! I really am starting to wonder if it's just a UK thing!

Or correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems Americans are a lot more cautious with sex and treat it with a lot more respect.

I couldn't wait to find out what it was like, but I wasn't ready.

You do it when it feels right and no sooner!

I think that you should do other pleasureable things other than sex just yet. Like oral and mutual masterbation. Because it sounds like you've only made out with him and looked at each other's parts. Try these before sex. And if you think you are ready and you are with someone trust, then go for it!

Well, let's look at it logically...

It seems to me that you're questioning whether or not you are ready. So if you are questioning it, then you aren't sure if you are or not. And if you aren't sure that you are ready for sex, then you probably aren't.

This is a decision that you should make before you get wrapped up in the moment/situation. Decide for yourself what you feel ready for and don't do anything you don't think you're prepared for.

• 2 months later...

Only you can tell if you are ready for sex. Honestly if you have to question if you are ready for sex, says that you have some piece of doubt. So maybe you aren't ready for sex. Sure sex is a wonderful thing but you have to make sure ready are ready, not only physcially but also emotionally. I was 18 when I lost my virginity and I tell you it takes a toll on you emotionally. Thoughts run through your head like..that's the person i lost my viriginty to, am i going to regret losing it wth him? ..thoughts like that run thru your head and theres so many other thoughts. I'll be honest with you. I feel that if you have to ask yourself if you are ready for sex then somewhere you're having a doubt. Wait. Sex is a beautiful thing and its so special the longer you save it.

• 1 month later...

Considering that you've been with him for 2 years and have just started to begin to see eachother naked.. I think thats a big step. I don't know many people that have waited that long to do stuff like that.. but you might be young, I don't know.

You should know if you're ready or not. The only thing that I would suggest is that you protect yourself. Better safe than sorry.

I was with my current boyfriend two months before I lost my virginity to him at 19 and I knew I was ready because he never forced me and told me to take as much time in the world, he would wait and in the end I might not decide to do it with him.

If you can see that this guy has genuine intentions toward you and will do everything sex-wise in YOUR interest and has enough resonsibility to deal with caring for you afterward then you are ready. Never get influenced by peers or any others and all their horny goings-on. You'll find that they will never be treated as high quality women as they don't present themselves as high quality. I believe that people should sleep with someone when they have a good gut feeling about the intentions of that person and are absolutely certain that that person can handle the responsibilty in a mature and manly for you after the experience. This is something you will find often varies in men, so you will have to be your own judge with this one, age is often not a good means of judgement unfortunately either in my experience

DEFINITELY use contraception if u decide to have sex and if it makes you feel better go on the pill also as that will give you extra extra protection against pregnancy (and usually pretty good skin as a bonus!). It doesn't matter if you don't stay with the guy for the rest of your life in my opinion, as long as you can look back and say i had sex for the first time at a time when I wanted, I was in control and I have no regrets. Virginity should be a sharing process more than a 'losing' process, as corny as that may sound I think it will save you a lot of hurt in the long run!

GOOD LUCK!