What is it like to be in love?

I like the definition that 'love is a battlefield' that someone gave earlier. That one spoke to me as I've been shot down lately.

Personally, I've been in a few relationships - two of which were serious. Even though I had really deep feelings for both these (lucky) girls, but I wasn't in love.

My Catholic friend defines love as 'freely choosing the good of another'. I disagree with 99% of what he says, but he hit the nail on the head on this occasion. I agree that there is another aspect of love - 'having deep sexual feelings for someone' is another (more cynical) definition I've heard in the past.

The Beatles put it best - 'all you need is love'.

Now switch your computer off, get off your * * * and go find some loving. That's what I'm gonna do.

Bruce x

When you're in love you can't eat because you already feel full inside. You can't sleep because they're constantly on your mind. You can't concentrate because you're in a day dream most of the time. You go out of your way so you'll bump into that person on purpose. They are the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning and the last thing you think of at night before you sleep.

If you're already going out with them then you constantly watch the clock so you know they're home from school/work so you can phone them, text them, chat online, or email them.

I was in love with an ex-girlfriend and we had never even met face-to-face at the time. Of course, we did meet a couple months later and it was incredible! So it is possible to love someone you've never met in person... or are you talking about unrequited love where you've never told her or him that you love her or him?

I think when you fall in love you suddenly feel as if you have merely been going through the motions of life and now it all makes a lot more sense. A feeling of overwhelming happiness and completeness comes from being with the person.

It is very very hard to find, and once you've had it a relationship without it just doesn't compare. That's why I find it so strange that some people seem to be able to jump from one relationship to the next.

Well, if you're looking for love, then the feeling of bliss and ecstasy would come, but not everyone is looking for that. Some are perfectly content on their own... although I'm not!

I couldn't jump from one person to the next either, but in our society, it seems to have become commonplace. After all, if one values oneself more than anyone else, then only their own happiness should matter, right?

It's like being endlessly attracted to someone despite knowing how weird they are. It's all that touchy feely stuff about respect, trust, caring and giving them your whole being. It's like losing your mind. It's like risking everything to make someone happy. It's frightening and reassuring. It's pretty cool.

I totally agree..I am in this very position...haha

And also not being able to imagine living your life without them in it.

Wanting to be with them forever in this lifetime.