Top 5 Signals That Women Give to Show They are Interested in a Guy

As with many of the other threads in this forum, I am dealing with a situation of trying to identify whether or not a woman I know likes me as just a friend or wants to have something more. I would like to hear your experiences on the top 5 signals that women give to indicate they want to take things to the next level.

John

They ask you back to her place to spend the night.

They start talking marriage.

They just plain say, "Hey, I am interested in taking things to the next level."

Ok, seriously, signs will vary. What one person does, another will not. So you can't really just label 5 big ones and assume they are going to show them. I think that its not so much the signals that they give, as the feeling that tends to come over you two. When its ready to happen, you just know it is. But the more you try to look at signals, more you get caught up in the details and can miss out on the big picture. Go with the flow and let things happen naturally. When its time, you just know.

Also, don't focus so much on what the other person may or may not feel. The real question is, how do you feel? Are you wanting more? If so, then just take a chance. You've got nothing to lose.

1. Asking how you feel about the relationship if you're not making it obvious

2. Asking about your family--specific questions, say, about your mom's personality or something

3. Casual touching (hands, shoulders, etc.)

4. Suggesting things to do in the future together

5. Offering to do something nice--cook, help with a project, etc.

In my case, I notice:

Lots of light touching (shoulders, arms, legs)

Laughs at all of my jokes (good and bad)

She shares everything about her life

Lots of teasing (but very few compliments)

Lots of eye contact

The challenge is determining whether or not she is just trying to be friendly, trying to flirt, or trying to show she has interest in something more than being just friends.

• 1 month later...
As with many of the other threads in this forum, I am dealing with a situation of trying to identify whether or not a woman I know likes me as just a friend or wants to have something more. I would like to hear your experiences on the top 5 signals that women give to indicate they want to take things to the next level.

John

#1 Sign a Woman is interested in you: She says yes when you ask her out, and she shows up on time.

Don't look for little signs that may or may not confuse you. If you are interested, ask her out. Whether or not she is down will be all the signal you need.

None of these things have ever happened to me.

Welcome to the club, it never happens to be either and never will.

However I am shy and maybe I'm just not seeing it and I was wondering how do you know that a female is interested in you or in a sense is checking you out where this female is a total stranger, someone you work with or a friend?

Ha! I spent ages researching 'signals' and to save to time I'll summarise my conclusions: there aren't any. Well, there are, and you can read dozens of articles explaining them too you, but in the end each women has her own and you won't typically be able to decipher them.

there's no specific signals. However, if you're good at reading body language, you just get the message without noticing any specific signs. You get the gut level feeling.. if you have to think later that "ok she maybe tilted her head bla bla bla" that might not be too good. You should get the feeling.. then again, some say they can't read body language like that

I would be teasing the guy, making fun of him, poking, slapping, pushing him, stealing things from him, making fun of his clothes or hair. All in a good natured way of course, not in a mean way. Oh, yes and I've also thrown things at men who I like. Seems to get their attention quite succinctly.

If I didn't like him and he liked me I'd probably be trying to avoid him like the plague.

Seriously people, if you keep looking for "signs" before asking a girl out, you are going to spend weeks and/or months trying to figure this out. It will cause no small amount of stress and anxiety. Not only that, but it gives you plenty of time to mess things up while your stuck in limbo.

If you are interested, QUIT WORRYING about SIGNS! Ask the girl out. Quit thinking about how she will react, what she will say, etc. That crud ONLY works AGAINST you. Just ask her out, that's it. You must do it sooner of later anyway, so just get it done and quit worrying about all this crud. It is totally unnecessary.

you must be careful...like determining these things, because

there is really no error proof test that can determine whether

she is flirting or whether this i just her personality to everyone.

Some of us girls tend to flirt no matter what, the key is probley to

pay attention to whether she makes you feel like her attention is all

at you or not... kk?

Seriously people, if you keep looking for "signs" before asking a girl out, you are going to spend weeks and/or months trying to figure this out. It will cause no small amount of stress and anxiety. Not only that, but it gives you plenty of time to mess things up while your stuck in limbo.

If you are interested, QUIT WORRYING about SIGNS! Ask the girl out. Quit thinking about how she will react, what she will say, etc. That crud ONLY works AGAINST you. Just ask her out, that's it. You must do it sooner of later anyway, so just get it done and quit worrying about all this crud. It is totally unnecessary.

The thing is, some less confident people may need to look at signals - no matter how vague - in order to act with confidence.

The thing is, some less confident people may need to look at signals - no matter how vague - in order to act with confidence.

I don't buy that. When I was less confident, all the signs did was confuse me, mislead me, etc, and it NEVER allowed me to act with confidence. It also drug the situation on far longer than necessary.

Sooner or later you must ask her out, and it is best to do it very early on rather than fiddling around wondering if this or that is a sign of interest (which is probably isn't). If you ask her out on a date, to coffee, a dinner, etc, then you will get your answer. Whether it be a "yes" (=interested) or a no/excuse (=not interested) you at least get your answer and can move on.

If guys are going to be stubborn about taking this route, then do it. learn the hard way.