I don't know how much more I can take

A few remedies that are working for me:

1. Get a joke book that relates to love and dating. "Love's funny that way" is a good one and it made me laugh even when I was hurting bad

2. Try to think of one of the several instances when your ex initiated a fight wihout much reason or an instance where she disrespected you or humiliated you. (do it at least twice a day-You gotta force yourself to do this one)

3. Think of girl that you wish you could date when you were in the relationship, and hope that might happen when everything settle down

4. Do not lay around on the bed in the morning and ponder your thoughts, get up and start watching news or good morning America

5. Go to libraries or Starbucks, have a coffe, read the news paper, and meet other people

6. Keep posting and reading great messages from complete strangers.

I kind of realized something after your post. I am kinda doin it to myself, not on purpose, but i think I am not trying hard enough to fend off the thoughts. I kind of havethis weird notion that if I let them linger in my head, i'll deal with the pain a lot up front and it will make it easier. I kind of feel that if I keep trying to block it out or cover it up with something else, I am running and it's just gonna find me so I might as well face it? Does that make any sense?

I have my days when I get the feelings back, i do go through stretches where I don't have these feelings, but I still think about her. I really hate facebook and myspace for reasons where I have "the opportunity to check them out".

Recently my cousin made me go to her facebook and I seen pics of her bday celebration, she looked so happy...plus she was wearing the bracelet I gave her, almost made me break NC, but I had to stay strong. I only told myself if she really wanted to come back, she would've already by now, she knew where to find me. The ball is in her court, in my case

I am dating someone right now, but I still find myself thinking about her, and I don't think it's fair to this new person because I subconsiously compare them.