I just couldn't take it anymore, just when I'm happy and getting to know someone else, my ex calls me like 3 times last week, once during the middle of the night. Thank goodness I wasn't with my new girl. I thought I was fully over my ex, but she just kept calling, once again this week. It is awkward and keeps me from moving on, especially with this new girl. I can handle having her as a friend, but I can't talk to her all the time! I found out why she kept calling, she was having problems in her relationship, and she found out I was dating again. Why are some girls like that? I wouldn't have had a problem talking to her once every few months or so, but not every other day! So I made the decision to change my number, hopefully she'll get the point. I didn't want it to end up like this, but I can't nicely tell her to not call me so often, we would get in an argument and it would end up with me being hurt, once again. So I took the simple way out and changed the digits. She took the simple way out by leaving me for her ex, and now that she is having problems, she sees me as the "fallback guy". So changing my number is the only thing I could think of. If she gets the new one, and she will *somehow*, I'll just tell her I can't talk to her all the time, it's the only thing I will have left to do. That should blow her mind, rejected by me? I believe in Karma, what goes around comes around. Hope this helps someone somewhere.

hey..i think u were right to change your number. i have done that before for a similar reason. it usually works and they get the point or just get to mad to ever talk to you again. which would be fine with me. lol then you would be left alone. good choice, good luck

From a different perspective though, I've done the silly calling and begging and all that terrible stuff. Your ex is just so hurt and maybe you should take one last time to fully explain everything to them. Don't hold back any details, they have a right to know so they can heal to.

I'm just coming from the otherside as this has happened to me, if you already done that just ignore me!

Cobro

Know exactly how you feel at the moment! My ex split up with me nearly 4 months ago (for no apparent reason) and I've been trying to get over her ever since. It was a LD relationship so that always complicates matters, (she always insists the distance alone had become too great for her now).. But in any case, I was the one begging and calling for the first month, less so in the second month, but for the last month or so I've finally starting excepting the whole thing and trying to move on i.e not calling/emailing anymore. I changed my email addresses and told her that I'd also be changing my number a month ago, and true to my word I stopped calling and emailing all together...and all of a sudden the tables started to turn and now shes the one calling me up at least once a week crying her eyes out. Thing is, why do we always melt when they call? I always try to be tough on her and tell her she shouldn't be calling me like that anymore (cuz it feels like she only calls when she feeling all needy etc)..and yet it makes them call even more. M8, its driving me crazy. Like yourself, I've really thought about doing what you did, and just changing my number (like I told her I would), but something inside of me just isn't ready to burn that bridge yet. Good thing is, that for me personally, I no longer have that immense urge to call anymore cuz I've realised how detrimental it is to this whole healing process (to keep contact).....but like yourself, I don't know how to tell her nicely not to call either, cuz I'd always hear her crying her eyes out, and I'd end up saying its ok, 'I'll always be here if you need me etc'...which only makes me feel worse afterwards and stops me from moving forward...

Anyhow, sorry about that, just needed to vent cuz she called again in the middle of last night after me tryin to send her a 'final email' the other day to tell her we BOTH really need to move on. I just don't know how much more I can take of these emotional calls when she gives me that glimmer of (false) hope that she still loves me...

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and change my number?...and burn that bridge once and for all...