Looking "deeply" into a person's eyes

Lily04

how do you physically look 'deeper' into a person's eyes? it's a stupid question, I know, but how do you distinguish a 'deep' look versus a normal one? I think you just look longer, the person's pupils tend to dilate, and you sorta scan their face or eyes, and maybe become a bit flushed... am I right? haha.

edit: by posing this obviously trivial type of question, it is evident that I am over my suicidal musings. thanks to those who helped.

how do you physically look 'deeper' into a person's eyes? it's a stupid question, I know, but how do you distinguish a 'deep' look versus a normal one? I think you just look longer, the person's pupils tend to dilate, and you sorta scan their face or eyes, and maybe become a bit flushed... am I right? haha.

edit: by posing this obviously trivial type of question, it is evident that I am over my suicidal musings. thanks to those who helped.

Hmm, I think the term is more about the "feeling" you get from the person when you look in their eyes - they hold your gaze and return the "look" into your eyes, the eyes are "smiling" and "alive".

I think it's different then a normal one as there is more "feeling" involved, peace, happiness, excitement, all wrapped up in one that goes beyond a normal look. It's more lingering, and more focused.

I think Hollywood does a good job of portraying this "deep look." From my observation, this "deep look" involves getting close (in their personal space) and staring into her eyes. Doing this from a close distance is enough to achieve the "deep look" you're talking about. So, proximity is the main factor here. If you think about it in comical sense, you can't look "deeply" into someone's eyes from accross the room.

I think it's when u look at someone with natural intensity because you have strong feelings for them, all of those feelings seem to be wrapped up in that look...nothing gives away a person's thoughts or feelings more than their eyes

Urgh I didn't realise how soppy I was until I joined this forum!