Ideas for post-break up activities?

Just thought I'd start a thread here which might be helpful to people.

I hear a lot of people saying to try new activities and keeping busy after a break up so as not to dwell on the ex.

What do y'all do/have done after a break up?

For me, it's been almost 3 months since my break up and I started going to swing dances. They are GREAT for meeting new people, getting exercise, and having a lot of fun. They usually have lessons before for newcomers and are usually held on weeknight evenings, at least in this area.

Swing dancing, never tried that one. Really wouldnt mind it I guess. I remember when I was single I would always make arts and crafts things with my mom and sell them at a craft show. I would go to the mall constantly, mostly by myself just to clear my head. And I hung out with my friends alot. Unfortunately when I was younger, when I had a problem with a boyfriend, and we would break up, I would end up getting back together with an ex. I really didnt care for starting over, it seemed like to much work to me and to uncomfortable. Thank god I broke from that stage and actually checked out my options, I never would have found my boyfriend if I didnt and Ive never been happier.

The important thing here is that everyone has different likes and dislikes. Whether it be crafts, outdoors, sports, etc etc......you know what you like to do and try to take it to the next level. Youll get farther than you thought, your mind will get all wrapped up in it, and it might turn places you never thought it would go.......whatever it may be!

i went back to my old ways parties, clubs, hangin out with friends, pranks doin stuff a kid normally does only more of it keeps me clean,happy, and satisfied

Ahh, the days of partying and club hopping....to be 16 again. But then again, I really wasnt goin to any real club around here at 16 I guess, but now that Im 21, its awesome. To bad I have that whole job thing gettin in the way!!!](*,) Ah well, we all have to grow up sometime. I wish I could still be there.......lol

I started hanging out at the harness racing track, distracted myself by learning the sport...a few years later I bought my first horse.

Since then, I've owned several horses, made a variety of friends through racing and managed to make a little money, too.

All because some guy -- who I probably could no longer pick out of a crowd -- broke up with me about 15 years ago

I started hanging out at the harness racing track, distracted myself by learning the sport...a few years later I bought my first horse.

Since then, I've owned several horses, made a variety of friends through racing and managed to make a little money, too.

All because some guy -- who I probably could no longer pick out of a crowd -- broke up with me about 15 years ago

That's a pretty cool story...

i agree with the previous posts - getting out and meeting new people is a great thing to do. but i think you should also make an effort to strengthen relationships with friends. a good activity to do this could be something fun and somewhat immature like having a slumber party or making friendship bracelets for each other.