So I go to class today...first day of the semester. And guess who sits right next to me? His new girlfriend. I spent the entire hour and a half wanting to puke. I couldn't get up though...I didn't want her telling him I saw her and freaked out and ran away. Aaah...why do they have to be happy together? Why can't I just be with the person I love?

Hi there!

She probably sat next to you to size you up and make you squirm. Don't let her get the best of you. The best thing you can do is kill'em with kindness. Show her and your ex you are the bigger person and can deal with this like an adult. I know you are hurting inside. Try to stay strong and keep your head held up high. Take care and many hugs.

If there were other seats available then she is just being malicious and taking pride, like kellbell said, "in making you squirm". You probably threw her off by not changing seats. Good! Continue to be strong and be the better person. I know it stinks because you want nothing more than to take out all of your anger on her face but by being an adult you're killing her more than you'll ever know.

That happened to me my senior year in college. I just made sure every time she was around I looked like I was happy in the "moving on" mode. Sometimes she would glance and I would smile casually like "Can I help you? Do I know you?" It unsettled her, but more importantly, I really convinced myself into moving on. Keep playing it cool. It gets easier.

well it is a huge class...about 500 people. So I don't know how the hell she ended up in my row, right next to me...but oh well. We had this awkward looking at each other moment...and then one of his friends was sitting 2 rows ahead of us and he turns around like a second later and yells out...Hey Erin!! and then like the 5 other people who happened to be sitting there...all in his freaking business frat...they all looked at me. I was like...oh **Censored by Moderator** me.

Why is it so difficult to LET GO?!? I sent him an email last week...this is what I said.

I am writing you this email to say goodbye. I was hoping that you and I would really be able to be friends one day, but you do not seem to want my friendship. I do not really understand why, but I accept it. I want you to know that I am hurt by your actions last week, or inactions for that matter. You knew that I was looking forward to finally being able to talk to you face to face - you built me up Jeff, and then you blew me off. I am surprised that you could treat me so callously - do you even remember how much we used to mean to each other?

Anyway, I want you to know that you still mean a lot to me Jeff, regardless of what I mean to you. And unlike you, I will always be here if you need me. I am truly sorry that this is where we had to end, and that you chose to handle it in this way. You know how to get in touch with me if you ever decide you want me in your life. If not, I hope you find happiness and success. Good luck with the semester and have fun with your internship this summer.

He has not responded, but I didn't really expect him to...not for a long time I guess. I don't think I will hear from him until things with him and the new girl fall apart...if that happens. I'm still hoping they will break up, he'll realize what he threw away and come running back. Haha...so naive, I know. Oh well...

I just miss him so much. I get along fine in my every day life, I don't need him, but I miss having him in my life. I think about him alot, things always remind me of him...but I have finally given up trying to contact him. For some reason, he doesn't want me in his life right now, which is the worst feeling in the world as I'm sure you all know But I don't know, I don't think that he will never speak to me again. I just wish I was strong enough to let go of my love for him...then I could move on and not want him back. But no, I love him, and even though I'm moving forward, I'm still hanging onto that hope that we will reconcile one day. ](*,)

Sorry for blabbing...it's just one of those days.