Why do i only cum when im on top?

It's pretty common. Because your clitoris is rubbing against him when you are on top, most likely. It's hard to get clitoral stimulation if you are on the bottom.

A good solution for this (to come while on the bottom) is to prop your hips/butt with a pillow, and be more active yourself in moving and guiding him to what works.

In any position there are ways to adapt things to work so that you can "get there" too...be it with hands (yours or his), props, guiding him, changing position just slightly.

It is pretty common too once you learn to come in THAT position, it's a mindset more then anything, where you even convince your body you can only come in THAT position.

This is actually fairly common and actually many variables come into play in this situation. Typically in this position it is easier for the female to control what is happening with the whole experience. As others have mentioned over time it becomes psychological and a female will believe that she is only able to orgasm in that position.

Its important for females to know what exactly pleases them while they have sex that way they have a better grasp of the kind of activities that are going to benefit them. The type of stimulation is important if its clitoral or if its the g spot. In my experience when the female has been on top the type of stimulation is g spot rather than clitoral but it doesnt really make a difference. What you want to do is find positions that maximize the kind of stimulation that works for that particular girl. This can be done with a simple google search.

I can't orgasm at all from intercourse alone, whether I am on top or not. More than half of all women are like me.

You are getting good advice here, just know there is nothing wrong with you.

Something mysterious (well not really -just odd/different) began occurring about a couple of years ago for me. I used to not be able to climax from intercourse alone- (I'd always need extra attention or a touch, etc to accompany the sex) until one infamous night- I suddenly surprised myself (and my husband) while I was on top of him. I can't think of any factors what would make that time different except a little wine I had- but since then it's happened consistenly....no wine involved. But again, I was on top of him- and in that position the woman has more control of the pace and stimulation.

The main advantage I see to climaxing from intercourse alone is that you can experiment and try to have your orgasms at the same time which is AWESOME to say the least.

I think sex gets better with age. At least I've found it to be that way. But I think it's best not to sweat the details. Just enjoy the moment- and as long as you are indeed getting off- don't worry about how or why.

Has anyone besides me wondered what biological reason there is for making it work this way?

Hmmmm......maybe it's so it gives the guy enough time to ask the girl's name.......

LOL!

Biology can be a blessing sometimes though. I like our equipment- and the fact that us women can get off multiple times.

BellaDonna

It's pretty common. Because your clitoris is rubbing against him when you are on top, most likely. It's hard to get clitoral stimulation if you are on the bottom.

For me it's the other way around. I can only come when he's on top, preferably in missionary position.