As mentioned in another thread i created, my boyfirned and I didn't speak for 2 weeks. i never returned his text msgs and he called me from private numbers - i knew it was him, but i still didn't call him back.

A couple of days ago he called and said he thinks we need to talk in person - ok cool!

We talked for hours and he really confessed so much to me and basically blame himself for the wrong that has happened in our relationship...however i didn't let him take the blame because I too was at fault!

He said it feels great to love freely and this is a new beginning for us - ok great!

Now, prior to our breif sabatical, I was always the clingy type...however, the last 2 weeks before our break I became more independent (lack of a better word) not going over as much and not spending the night when i normally would! I actually felt good about this. but in turn, it started to make him thik i was cheating so his behavior became very revolting towards me. Anyway, we had a small argument that lead to us not speaking for roughly 2 weeks - I had enough and i didn't feel the need to communicate with him...this is quite the opposite for me, being I was the one to always make amends first - so he didn't know how to act.

So he made amends , had an indepth conversation about us and the reasons for his behavior - A FRESH START!

now, my question to you, how do I maintain this and not become too clingy again but at the same time not seem to distant to make him wonder (yes I know that is his own shortcoming or insecurities). These last few days he made plans for us and we spent the last 2 nights together. he already planned our weekend - so basically i am going witht he flow...however i do not want him get to accustomed to seeing me because even though I am enjoying it now, it may back fire and he may crazily think I am being too clingy - his mind is twisted this way.

I will have to agree with you and you are right I have been in the same kind of relationship until my man moved down south. I would say make a plan after spending the weekend with him and stick to it. Let him know on Monday that you are going to stay at home tonight to take care of some things.

Also, when you are not with him just give him a call and have some real discussions with him that will also help to bring you guys closer. May be try that for about 2 months and see how is works out.

If you love him then you should not have any problem opening up. You also need time to yourself with out friends and family input to find yourself and what you really want out of this relationship.

If you get some time can you respond to my tread is in Relationship Conflicts. Thanks