Ever Breakup to Regret later? Need Feedback...

This actually deals with my ex. she broke up with me to follow her ex who came back to town. My ex all of a sudden was very rude and mean to me during this time. She said i wasn't her type, and made very immature accusations about me much to the displeasure of her parenst and our friends. Seven months later after moving to another state, she emials me to know how i am doing and that she is sorry and we should keep in contact. I do miss her but will never get back with her since she abruptly broke up with no explanation. But i feel sad for her as she is a single mom with a son from a previous relationship, cant hold a job and basically i took responsibility for her and her son. I am set to enter into pharmacy school next year and i think she is coming to her senses as to actually why she loved me for 3 years and i dont know if her ex she got back with is not what she supposed will be. Has anyone from experience broke up to regret later thinking the other side of the fence is greener? Can someone remember an ex through their lifetime still wishing they could get back with him or her?

Many moons ago I had been married. I got a divorce (long story but was for the best IMHO). I dated for awhile but they were all freaky girls. I missed living with my two sons and for awhile there contemplated going back to her (better the devil you know than the one you don't). Thankfully, that passed.

Really, there's a reason why you broke up. Unless you've grown and understand why it failed the first time, it'll just fail again.

Sometimes I regret breaking up with my ex. Especially since he still believes that we are going to get married someday, but I know that right now is not the time for us. We need to grow up a lot and stop playing mind games with each other. I know that if we are meant to be, when the time is right, we will meet again, and if we aren't then we both will find someone else. But yes, I do regret it sometimes and wonder if he truly is the one for me and if I did make a mistake, but you just have to remember why you broke up with someone and try to stay strong in those reasons. I know I left my ex for the right reasons, sometimes it just doesn't feel that way. Heart vs. head I guess.

Not a day goes by that i wonder what is going on in my exs' head. I dont want to brag about myself but i know she really lost a good person and with her behavior and attitude, she will get mistreated and used by guys. It is sad and i guess that is why she sent me an email to see how i was doing and trying to explain her actions. Her best friend talked to my former roommate and told him to warn me to change the password to my emails as she wanted to know where i was and what i was doing. Its sad sad sad. We had a good thing going and for me i am okay but for her i do feel sorry. she chose her fate anyway.

I remember breaking up with my ex-fiance because I didn't see myself being happy with her for the rest of my life; mostly because of the things that we've gone through. After about a year, I contacted her again because I was missing her and the deep love she had for me that was missing from my life. Since I wasn't serious with anyone at the time, I said what the hell. So we "dated" for about a year (no commitment) and we were happy with the situation the way it was, until she found someone serious (which she recently broke up with anyway). I was soooo scared that I would never find someone else that would share the mutual love I had for my ex.

Anyhow, 3 1/2 years later I'm finally with someone that I love deeply and shows me the love that was missing from my life and the respect I wasn't getting from my ex. So her finding someone was a blessing and I learned a valuable lesson. If it's not working, move on with your life. If you don't move on, you may miss the opportunity to meet that one person you ARE meant to be with. Don't ever be scared to dis-attach from someone and never compromise your happiness for anyone.

"OH YES" my friend....I don't think a person walking the planet did not feel this way at one time or the other. I did like what you said about the fence is greener on the other side. I have found that in our society this has become almost a trend with women. If your not happy, just jump the fence. But what I have also found, is that people that jump the fence. Well let me put it this way...once they jump, they find out that life is life and that jumping the fence was not the issue. They were the issue. In your case, sounds to me she made a choice......go back with the x-jump the fence syndrome, see it a bunch of times. And oh boy do I hate it when that happens. The Fools they become, when that happens they will never know. But they find out in time Then later on, they want to hop the fence back to you......For me, I would have to say sorry pal, you made that choice not I !!!!!!!!! And that would not mean I did not care for them or even love them a bunch...but how could I really trust you now. You left me once with "No explanation" (that hurts) but I find when they do that it is because, they really don't want to hurt you and they know deep down they have. And they really would not be able to talk to you because...really what could they really say. Sorry I "***ED YOU OVER"

Then after awhile...they forget what they did and say to themselves. Man this guy was pretty good to me. And now they want to get back with you.

And maybe she is worth it to you. Sounds like you are deep down considering it. You never know, it could work out, crazy thing can happen.. but you have to really make sure the x is totally out of the picture. And I mean out. If your a good guy, and sounds like you are. They always come back, maybe not today,,,,,,,but they always come back. They would be a fool if they did not. After all ...you we're the guy. Good Luck ! And give her a well deserved spanking. They sometimes like that.

Kuhl

I dont want to get back with her since my trust level fell from a high 90-ish percent to a zero. I hung in there for a good 4 month period for her to come around but she kept on playing these immature games that i think excited her but were a turn-off for me considering the fact that i was always good, true and supportive of her and her son. I just told her i was moving out of the town to another state which she thought was some kind of joke till i did. I cant put into words what i did for her but at the same time i believe happen for some reason and its just a matter of time till i meet someone who will deeply appreciate me. Her parents knew and saw the good in me but she was still adamant. Guess they will remind her everyday if she is mistreated by some jerk on what a good guy i was to her and her son whom the real dad never gave a crap about. I just was dumbfounded to think she could actually try and communicate with me out of the blue and was surprised she remembered me after trying her chances with her ex.