There is a reason that ecstasy is used in some forms of therepy. It allows people to be much more free and open with their feelings. Even if he didn't really mean to break things off with you, this is a good indication that he's having some seriously negative thoughts/feelings about your relationship.

I would discuss this with him once he's himself again. Don't bother talking to him about this the day after he takes Ecstasy (as this is usually when the person is crashing/coming down and feeling really ill) as he probably won't be in any condition mentally or physically to have a serious heart to heart.

my bf broke up with me tonite while he was high on xtc ??? do u think it was him that broke up with me or the xtc ??? plz help

Yeah, I agree with the other posters. I would confront him about it, maybe a few days later when he has recovered.

Maybe be direct like, "Hi - I noticed you broke up with me while high on X. What was up with that?"

See what he says. He could say that the made a huge mistake and those were the drugs talking. At which point you have to decide if you want to stay with someone who does drugs and breaks up with you for no reason.

Or, he might say, "I've haven't liked you in a while." At which point you just move on.

good luck

TAB23,

There is a reason that ecstasy is used in some forms of therepy

X is a boot leg or often referred to as a bath tub or club drug. It is illegal and not approved by the FDA or recommended for ingestion by any medical practioners.

bek,

The fact that he did this while under the influence of x probably indicates he has some issues with your relationship. On the other hand, you should have issues with him taking x. If you really care about him, you shouldn't condone it. Here is a little something about x:

From the Director

The so-called "club drug" MDMA continues to be used by millions of Americans accross the country despite growing evidence of its potential harmful effects. 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA, or "Ecstasy") has gained a deceptive reputation as a "safe" drug among its users. This illegal drug, which has both stimulant and psychedelic properties, is often taken for the feelings of well-being, stimulation, as well as the distortions in time and sensory perceptions that it produces. MDMA first became popular in the "rave" and all-night party scene, but its use has now spread to a wide range of settings and demographic subgroups. According to the 2002 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, more than 10 million people have tried MDMA at least once.

Myths abound about both the acute effects and long-term consequences of this drug, often called "Ecstasy" or "X". Indeed, one reason for the rapid rise in the drug's popularity is that many young people believe that MDMA is a new safe drug. But MDMA is not new to the scientific community, with many laboratories beginning their investigations of this drug in the 1980s, and the picture emerging from their efforts is of a drug that is far from benign. For example, MDMA can cause a dangerous increase in body temperature that can lead to cardiovascular failure. MDMA can also increase heart rate, blood pressure, and heart wall stress. Animal studies show that MDMA can damage specific neurons in the brain. In humans, the research is not conclusive at this time; however, a number of studies show that long-term heavy MDMA users suffer cognitive deficits, including problems with memory.

NIDA-supported research is developing a clearer picture of the potential dangers of MDMA, and this Research Report summarizes the latest findings. We hope that this compilation of scientific information will inform readers and help the public recognize the risks of MDMA use.

Nora D. Volkow, M.D.

Director

National Institute on Drug Abuse

X is a boot leg or often referred to as a bath tub or club drug. It is illegal and not approved by the FDA or recommended for ingestion by any medical practioners.

/quote]

I understand that xtc is not pure mdma and has traces of other drugs (such as speed) in the versions that you find on the street. MDMA-assisted psychotherapy was not uncommon until it was made illegal in the mid 80's and has been resurrected for FDA approved clinical trials this year to see the effects it has on terminally ill patients during therepy. Scientists already used it in a FDA approved study last year to see if it was effective for helping therepists treat paitents suffering from PTSD.

The point I was trying to make is that if her boyfriend had taken a drug that is known to help people better express their feelings, it would likely mean that his breaking up with her was because of underlying feelings he's been having rather than just because he's "high" as the OP seemed to think might be the case.

TAB23,

Very interesting, I'd like to know more about this. I know that NIH was doing unauthorized research with ghb often called liquid x but never mdma. The research project was shut down when a level 4 patients death was related to the study. Please PM me if you have more on the mdma. I have practiced a form of hypnotherapy for years that parallels many of the same attributes as mdma. My thesis was on PTSD.