It might sound silly... but after nearly 2 months of NC... one of the new guys at my work was talking to me about salsa dancing and I started mentioning my ex.

He told me that he knew her and saw her last weekend at the club he goes to and he told me how hot she looked.

I don't know why, but I looked up an old picture of her I had in my photo gallery and asked if it was her and he said yep... that's her.

I know it's really nothing at all, but it has sent me into a tailspin of pain and I can't figure out why... it really feels terrible though.

While I know I won't... all of a sudden I want to break NC.

You want to break NC because this is a blow to you.

You are seeing that she is 'moving on' and is out doing things, which sets you back.

It is difficult to find that your ex partner can be returning to a normal life while you are still in dispair.

Use your better judgment. By getting in touch with her now - you would only increase the unnecessary torture of finding out about how she is doing/what she is doing, etc.

Time is your best friend, and your worst enemy in times like this.

Stay strong.

Stick to NC. DarkBlue is right...this is merely a blow to your ego right now.

So this guy thought she "looked hot"...thats simply a compliment to your taste. Just because she APPEARED to be having a great time , doesn't mean she was. She is simply living her life..as YOU should be.

For what it's worth..congrats on the 2 months of NC...I'm doing it now, and I KNOW how tough it is. You're doing better than you think you are..these setbacks are very normal. Stay strong.

This is called a psychological trigger. All of your feelings are normal. Just give it a minute and you will feel better. Try and do something to get your mind off of things. If you know a chick you can call do that. If you wanna call some friends and shoot the **** do that.

I happen to have a date with a beautiful lady tonight... I'm hoping that helps.

I'll let you know.