Departed love "triangle" but one can't seem to tak

About two years ago I dated this guy for almost a year and towards the end things between us were going bad. Well before I started dating this guy, he and his "best" friend liked me. I chose this guy over his best friend because I knew that all his best friend was after was sex. Plus I liked my ex better. Well, since this best friend liked me, it seemed like once my ex and I started fighting, he'd help make it worse than it already was(which believe me we didn't need any help). But he'd tell my ex all the bad things I had said about him and nothing good, and then he'd turn around and tell me all the bad things my ex said about me. Pretty much trying to sabotage our relationship. Our relationship has been pretty messed up since we broke up in 2001, but finally we've agreed to go our separate ways and just stop contacting each other so we can both move on and as a mutual silent agreement, we both decided to stop talking to this guy as he's not a positive influence in either of our lives. However, he has not taken the hint. I have not heard from my ex in over a month and haven't tried to contact him either, but this guy is constantly calling me and I'm sure emailing too, but I have him blocked. And from what I understand, he is doing the same to my ex. Should I just tell him off, maybe get my ex involved in confronting his "best friend" or should I just continue to ignore him as my ex seems to be doing as well?

Love triangles suck. In fact it was a big reason my last relationship failed. It sounds like you went through a very similar experience I did. Having a jealous friends playing both sides against each other is a horrible thing. Course in my case eventually if realised what was going on and tried to have my GF sever ties with "my friend" who was causing so much problems. Eventually I dumped her because she cheated on me with him and now they're off somewhere together. But I'm not bitter ;o) It's for the best, I don't like dating whores...

Now that I'm done my rant, how about I answer your question. If I were you I would confront the guy and tell him off. That was my mistake I allowed it to carry on far to long before I said something. If you feel something is wrong face it right away. Remember always change a losing game. You don't want a negative influence in your life. Surround yourself with positive people and you will grow. Otherwise they will drag you down.