becoming mature.

QTpie87

I've tried and tried, and I don't understand how im not, i personally think I am, but my family, my ex, even some of my friends think im immature. I don't know how to act more mature. How to become more mature. What is the definition of being mature, and how do you atcheive this maturity. I want so much to be more mature, but I have to really really want it and work for it I know, and Know how to do it in order to be it.

can anyone give me some suggestions on how to come off more mature and maybe a definition.

thank you all.

Yeah it's not so much the goofing off. it's that I take things way personally, I can be joked around with for a min or so but after that I don't like it. I get butthurt easy, and when it comes to defending myself. Like they want me to joke back and have like a joking war but I end up getting too hurt. then I guess Im a push over, I've worked on being nice to everyone in every situation for a year now so im really good at it, unfortunitly even when I don't want to be. I need to learn how to be mean when it comes time. and most of all I'm not extreamly intelligent. Like im smart for me, but when it comes to people asking me questions that a lot of people know like capitals of states and where the state is sadly I have no fing clue. I know things that are odd that most people don't know. I don't have a lot of general knowlage. I feel dumb. hmmm I just kinda answerd my own post huh lol. well that's cause I had a few hours to think really hard and had a huge convo with my ex which also helped. he put me in line big time, not in a mean way, he wants to help me not f up, which brought a lot of this to my attention.

does any one know how I can begin to fix this, i know what I need to do for the too nice thing and the joking thng, but not the knowlage lol.

thanks people.

love Qtpie87

well you don't want to "come off" as mature..you kinda just are.

From my own personal experience...being mature is Self Confidence... the more confident i am about my decisions, choices, my looks, my faith, my work, what i want, what i don't want. the more mature i feel.

The less i take things personally. The less defensive i feel i need to be about my choices.

=)

The fact that your questioning it ...says you are maturing!! =)

I agree with healing about being self-confident. im 24 and i think im WAY immature about some things, and mature abut others. a good example is I had to go house-hunting one time. I found this house that i loved. (its for rent) and i wanted it sooo bad that I told myself, "im going to be signing papers before I leave here" I mad an appointment, met the landlord, walked around and acted like i owned the place, and was siging papers within 20 minutes. NOW: I can be totally opoosite about otehr stuff. I got into an argument with my 13 year old step-daughter. she called me names, so i called her names. a very immature way for a "parent figure" to do.. i hated myself for that. it feels like i just cant help it sometimes. But I dont have as much confidence in myself as a prent then i did as a "house-hunter" lol

I think there are 2 things that bring on maturity: time and expierence.