First month on birth control...

Kara

Hey, just a quick question...I started taking BC pills 3 weeks ago. Tomorrow I start the 4th week of pills (non-active sugar pills) and I'm wondering if this means my period should start tomorrow as well? I know eventually it is suppose to start during the sugar pills...but since I just started taking them and this is the first month, will my period be off for the first few month then eventually regulate?

Thanks!

it shouldn't be irregular because you've been getting estrogen. you will probably get your period on monday or tuesday. it takes about one day, but it depends at what time of day you take them. I take my inactive pills on sunday night and get my period tuesday morning. my period lasts exactly three days each time and is sooo much lighter than before I took bc (light and quicker, nice features!). whatever your time to take them is, you should expect to get your period the same time every month and know exactly when it's coming as long as you follow your schedule.

hey!

when i first got on Birth control pills my period would come exactly that monday after starting the inactive pills.

However, after a good 6 months my routine changed and I didn't get my period until tuesdays after the inactive pills...

lol

then after another 4 mos or so my period started coming on Wednesdays!!!

Now its been a good solid 6 mos and I am like a clock. I know every Wednesday morning no later than 9am I will get my period.

I think over time your body will just continue to get used to it, but believe me you'll figure it out just fine.

It all will depend on your body and how it reacts to the drop in the pills. Generally, your period may take a couple days to come after starting the sugar pill as your body is still filtering some of the excess hormones out.

For myself, when I take my last hormonal pill on the Saturday, I get my period on the Tuesday evening and have done so now for the last 9 years. I don't take the sugar pills since I don't have a problem remembering to start up again..

You body will figure it out, it may start on different days for a while as it adjusts, but eventually it will get into a rythym as long as you are taking your pills correctly!