The Perfect Woman: 14 Years Older?

...at an astounding 33. Since I'm just a 19 year-old guy, I'm thinking this isn't the wisest idea. My attraction to her has nothing to do with her being more "Experienced" than me or being so attractive that she had me believing she was 10 years younger; it's more that she thinks exactly how I need someone to think.

She's incredibly spiritual, she understands music - as well as common taste, and we could carry on a conversation for 6 hours sitting on a couch without any sexual connotations, whatsoever. (Aside from those protruding my thoughts, hehehe)

But I had the entire evening as someone who was 25-26, not 33. I really wish she was, it seems that 4-5 years older is the "perfect age" for guys

However, is this a bit too much?

You know, I've found that it's so hard to meet someone that's really compatible, and if you found that special someone, don't let them go that easily!

It's not like you're going to marry her tomorrow. Spend time with her, get to know her. Take it slow. Just go with your gut instincts on this one. If the age difference really makes you feel that uncomfortable, then don't go for it. But, if you can get past it, then enjoy the relationship.

Good luck

do u feel as if ur feelings are being reciprocated? i know that at times ive had conversations with males 10 years my junior and if convos went great...etc. i "understood" them and so forth...then they automatically assumed that i was the greatest thing since sliced bread..only for me to bring them back to reality...and say "hey kid....uhh..i was just conversing..thats all".

not saying that thats how she feels...but like the other poster said...see where her head's at. spend some time. strange things can happen. i mean hey...look at Ashton and Demi? but then again...he's like a freaking stallion...a super rich stallion lol

good luck!!

For what it's worth, my husband's 11 years younger than me. We met when I was 37 and he was 26. Granted, that's a little different than 19 and 33. If I had met him when he was 19 and I was 30, I would probably have been hesitant to get involved with him...only because one's late teens through early 20's tend to be a time of intense changes and growth in most people.

Since you're both adults, the only reason age becomes an issue is if either or both of you makes it an issue.

Hey. ok so heres my thing to say to u. My parents divorced and my mom began to date someone new. He was/is 14 years younger than her...and only 8 years older than me. i was pissed. my dad left my mom with 5 kids,, and he entered our lives. 7 years later...they are still together...MARRIED...with 3 more kids....its crazy. they love each other and have defied the stereotypes....im not saying that im crazy about him or them being together, but they are crazy about each other. good luck to u.

I'd like to take a moment and break-down my situation for you wonderful people of eNotAlone.

Beginning the month of October, I moved into my own suite out of the nest of my parent's bustling home. Bustling might translate better into hell-hole, but you get the idea. This new suite happened to neighbour a very attractive woman of 33. (When I first met her I thought she was about 25-26.) I had come home late one night and happened to run into her heading toward her car. I startled her, of course, because she had no idea the tall, dark, and handsome walking near her door was living beside her. I introduced myself, naturally, and she asked if I was staying for the night or not…would I need a ride downtown Vancouver since she was heading that way anyway. "No thanks," I replied, since I'd just gotten back from there. I thought that was awfully nice of her.

For a few nights I'd been thinking about her…often wondering if I could purposefully "accidentally bump into her" again. I did and it was perfecto. We ended up getting into conversation and talking just outside her doorstep. I would soon learn that getting lost in conversation with her would be a normal thing. She showed me a DVD she'd bought that might interest me. Maybe some of you know it: "What the Bleep Do I know?" A trip through the world of Quantum Physics – my cup of tea. I love that kind of stuff – she has excellent intuition. Anyways, she invited me inside and we continued talking. To make a long story short…we talked for several hours….watching the movie, talking around the kitchen and having a cup of peppermint tea together as well as watching a Norah Jones concert DVD I had. An awesome evening.

The next night…I was there again.

Wow Agrajag - I just stumbled on your post now! Sounds like life is going in very exciting places for you lately, and it sounds like you get along well!I agree that you should just take things as they come, and enjoy it. You never know! I have a friend (26) whom is dating a 43 year old woman and having a great time, though I think they both know it will end at some point as he wants children, and at this age, she does not. However they are having a great time now!Good luck!

Wow Agrajag - I just stumbled on your post now! Sounds like life is going in very exciting places for you lately,

Yeah, you could say that

and it sounds like you get along well! I agree that you should just take things as they come, and enjoy it. You never know!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to things as these events unfold.

I have a friend (26) whom is dating a 43 year old woman and having a great time, though I think they both know it will end at some point as he wants children, and at this age, she does not. However they are having a great time now! Good luck!

Well - I don't think we're going to get into a romantic relationship, but you never know.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My friend is 44 and she is dating a man who is 28, 16 year age gap. And you know what? At first, it was a little hard for them in the beginning, they just believed their relationship wasn't going to work specifically because of the age gap. But, they have been dating for a year now and they are still going strong.

And KUDOS to her for being able to pick up a hot young guy!

In any case, I hope everything works out well for you. Don't ever worry about an age diffence. I have 14 years of an age gap and the only difference I see is that he brings up TV shows and music from before I was born, so I can't always relate. In all other respects, we have a lot of common interests!

Agrajag,

Anything is possible, but as a 31 year old woman myself--I would imagine that this beautiful 33 year old lady most likely is hoping to find a man that she would marry. Many women in their 30's don't just date to just "date". Being 31, I would only date with the purpose that perhaps it would lead to a long term relationship (in other words: marriage).

This beautiful 33 year old woman may want to get married one day and perhaps have a family...(who knows, she could be different than me and not want that). As for the "Experience" a 33 y.o. woman may have---she may have a lot of life experience---but be like me---I am still a virgin...so if you are looking for a experienced woman for the enjoyment of the physical side of a relationship---you may be surprised to find out that she may not be experienced as you had first imagined....

Good luck,

hosswhispra

• 3 weeks later...

Hahaha

Explain this.

I walk over to see if she'd been away for two-weeks (since I haven't seen her car outside for 15 days) and some weird dude answers the door.

New tenants.

She moved out and didnt' tell me. I had talked to her New Year's Eve and then I started to notice she was always missing. I still haven't seen/talked to her. It's so weird.

So much for all that.