She completely disappeared

galaxy71

I started this thread called "She was running at me" some time ago. This one girl introduced herself to me several months ago. Everytime she saw me, she would start some small talk with me. When she talked with me, she was reserved and subdued.

One night, I was by myself reading some bulletins, when I saw that girl run up to me. She looked really excited and giddy. That girl followed me, as she really wanted to talk to me. She asked me all these personal questions and she talked really fast. Then she made the statement about how people should keep in touch with each other. I took that as a hint to ask for her phone number. She told me to call her so that I could spend time with her friends.

That weekend, I did not call her because I was pretty ill. I couldn't stop coughing. The next week, I was unable to call her because she was out of town. About two weeks after I got her number, I left a message on her cell phone. I never got a return phone call back. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Not only did she not return my phone calls, I noticed that she has stopped hanging out with the group. I thought she was interested in dating me. She showed all the signs of interest. She was the one that initiated all these conversations. She hinted about how we should keep in contact with each other. She followed me. I don't know why she completely disappeared.

Well, it sounds like she lost interest. If you don't call a girl for that long (even though you had reasons), she just may have thought you were blowing her off (just like Venus said). When I decide I'm over a guy, that's it, and he can't do anything to make me like him again. You also never know, she may have met a new man, or gotten back together with an ex.

Sorry you missed it!

Drop the case. No tolerance on no call backs. Keep talking to other girls. Talk to lots of them.

I disagree. I personally think you have look at how the person really feels about this situation, what the person's personality is when handling these situations, what the person wants to do, etc.

It's never easy as 1-2-3 to move on. It has never been like that for me, and I'm sure it's not like that for the threadstarter. Different people feel differently about these situations. Maybe you probably feel like it's ok to move on ASAP, and that's fine because that's how you deal with these things, but how does the threadstarter deal with these kind of things?

If I were you, I'd at least see if I can ever get a hold of her, physically or by whatever. If not and you don't care then heloladies21 might have the advice you are looking for.

That weekend, I did not call her because I was pretty ill. I couldn't stop coughing. The next week, I was unable to call her because she was out of town. About two weeks after I got her number, I left a message on her cell phone. I never got a return phone call back.

From my female point of view she didn't know that you were sick. And then, you could have left a message on her cell phone like, "Hi - sorry I didn't call you earlier - I got sick and couldn't talk. I know you're on vacation now - I hope you're having fun - call me when you get back!" I would appreciate such a phone call.

Yeah, I would have lost interest too if I gave a guy my number and he didn't call me for 2 weeks. I'd say to myself, "If he didn't manage to pick up the phone and dial my number, to talk to me for 10 minutes, he can't be very interested, now can he?"

From my female point of view she didn't know that you were sick. And then, you could have left a message on her cell phone like, "Hi - sorry I didn't call you earlier - I got sick and couldn't talk. I know you're on vacation now - I hope you're having fun - call me when you get back!" I would appreciate such a phone call.

Yeah, I would have lost interest too if I gave a guy my number and he didn't call me for 2 weeks. I'd say to myself, "If he didn't manage to pick up the phone and dial my number, to talk to me for 10 minutes, he can't be very interested, now can he?"

what I'm confused about is why won't the girl make a move too if she's really interested?

She DID make a move! She ran up to him, chatted him up, flirted with him, and gave him her phone number! What else was she supposed to do? Now, she did all that, and no response for 2 weeks - how interested could the guy have been? To keep calling the guy after that would be considered 'stalking' in most areas.

Why not try to "find" her. I agree with the others, the response time was too long. She probably feels awkward if she was around you.

If you really think she's worth it, I'd say try to track her down and continue what she initiated. Remember, you'll have to do it better then her to impress her and make her want more of you.

Good Luck!