guys has this happened to you?

sfboi415

Let's say that you move to another city, and the only person you know is a girl who you kinda like, however you are friends. Then, your friendship becomes more..but still she is the only person that you know in the city. Then, months later (or weeks), you begin to expand your social circle and soon come accross more attractive, more outgoing women..women who have a job, who are on the go, and soon you're conflicted because deep inside you want to end your relationship for another one, however you also feel that it wouldn't be right for your girlfriend. Since you're still young, you feel that "hey, I should just go for it..I'm not married, anyway".

Anyone familiar with this situation?

Not really familiar with the situation, but I can say that you need to do what is better for you. No matter what, there is gonna be a little heartbreak no matter what you do, but do whatever better suits you and will make you happier. Explain to the other girl that you dont want to date her anymore but you really value her friendship. Tell her you were attracted to her at first because she was the only person you knew and you thought you had a connection, but now you dont think you are right together and would like to see other people. Best wishes!!

Sounds to me like things began with her only because she was the only one, and it seems now your world is expanding and you see she is not for you. It is going to hurt one way or another.

Now you can dump her, which will cause pain and possibly ruin what's left of the friendship. That's probably the right thing to do.

You could just keep going with her as your girlfriend.

Or, you could smother her, be really clingy, really needy, etc., and get her just sick of you. Tough and underhanded, but those are what I see as your options.

Good luck. Hope you do the right thing.