over-reading?

Caterina

It probably means that he thinks that both of you think alike. I don't think there is some universal thing about guys that they would for example use that phrase when they wanted to signal that they are romantically interested.

Same goes for eye contact. While looking in the eyes can often be flirting, it can also mean so many other things.

Hi Caterina.

I think it simply means he thinks you have something in common in the way you view the world.

What was the context of the discussion in which he said this?

That will change the meaning.

For instance did he say it when talking about relationships?

Did he say it when talking about politics?

Did he say it when talkng about favorite cartoons?

The context makes all the difference.

BellaDonna

It could mean he was interested in you, or it might mean only what he said. I think you would need to read his body language to see if he was interested. If he was interested, and you do think alike, that could be good in a future relationship.

Yeah I think I am probably overanalyzing as usual. But this is enotalone, sooo...the context was this:

He made a statement and we got into a friendly disagreement, and I made the impression to him that I thought that he thought very differently from the way I did in his thinking processess (not just what we were talking about). So, later he imed me and said that he thought that we think a lot more alike then I presume we do...