Thoughts on patience and getting back together.

it sounds like u and i are dating the exact same girl... my ex gave me the whole "i cannot predict the future but i cannot see us ever getting back together" line and she is sooo positive and strong about it that it only cuts me up more. i have no idea how to react to it except just keep NC... thats my advice to you... stick to NC...

in my opinion and apparently a lot of other people's too, I really do not have any other choice if I want to at least keep my hope of ever getting her back alive right. I know that I do not want to push her away at all so I will remains in NC I suppose and maintain my hope for the best.

in my opinion and apparently a lot of other people's too, I really do not have any other choice if I want to at least keep my hope of ever getting her back alive right. I know that I do not want to push her away at all so I will remains in NC I suppose and maintain my hope for the best.

yeah, NC seems to work in many ways: it can help you move on and forget that person, or it can help you hold on to the thought that maybe it is giving your SO that needed space and time to miss you.

A downer about holding on to that hope that things will work out is that if they dont, its only gonna be harder to move on...

but believe me, I want to hold on to the hope... even though it may hurt more in the end...

• 1 year later...
I wish you all the best. Have patience. I would have never thought when I was heartbroken three months ago, that I would be spending so much time with the woman I thought would never come back. If you love them and respect them, believe me, they will realize this and will not want to lose you. Just remember to not lose your cool and to not give them a reason to realize they were right in dumping you.

Good stuff!

The more you push / give them a reason to validate their decision to walk away the less you allow them to miss you and to stop being angry at you.

My ex has said that she cannot predict the future but does not rule out us getting back together... so i guess that's more encouraging, but the key part is the "cannot predict the future" - so many things can happen. As much as I love her, I can't sit around waiting to be gloriously happy (if she comes back) or blindsided by a truck (if I lose her for good).

I mean the thing is no one can predict the future. You can only go with whats happening now. thereforeeee you are right - you cant sit around so to speak.